BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
October 22, 2014, 09:49:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello from Ohio  (Read 268 times)
Jonboy13

Jonboy13 is a new face.

View Profile
« on: January 02, 2012, 01:06:56 AM »

Helllllllllooooo everybody!

Over the past year I've gotten into the "minimalist" running scene.  I've always liked lighter shoes (Asics DS Trainers were my go to shoe), as I have bigger feet and hate carrying around extra, unneeded weight.  I got a pair of NB MT101 trail shoes last Jan/Feb and fell in love with the lightweight design.  I then broke down and bought a pair of VFF Bikilas and used them solely for gym use (no 'dread'milling, simply weight lifting) and was surprised how comfortable they were.  After a couple of months, I gave them a shot on the road... WOW.  I knew after the first short run that I was in for a change!

Since running with the VFF I've experienced nothing but positive returns...
- transitioned into a more "natural" stride (see ya later, heel strike!)
- stronger legs
- no more plantar fasciitis problems
- most importantly... getting faster!

I just got a pair of VFF Flows for Xmas, as I needed a pair of cold weather shoes.  Haven't run in them yet, as I'm breaking them in around the house first.  I'll need a new pair of trail shoes soon and just stumbled upon the VFF Spyridon LS earlier today.  I was going to look into the new NB Minimus line, but now I'm perplexed on what to get.  Either way, this shoe snob/dork is excited!
BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
« on: January 02, 2012, 01:06:56 AM »

RunningTim

RunningTim is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 07:35:34 AM »

Welcome. Must be cold up your way at this time of year. I'm kinda jealous. I'd love to get out of this 40oC heat we've got Sad
PB Junkie

PB Junkie is starting to look familiar.PB Junkie is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 09:38:39 AM »

Welcome! I'm really excited about the Spyridon too. I'm using the treksports for trails/rocks/gravel now and they're great, but I'm hoping the Spyridons have a bit more protection from sharp rocks and more ground feel than my treksports. From what I've read so far, the Spyridons will be just right.

I'm a shoe dork too and quite obsessed with VFFs. You aren't alone.  Grin

VFFs: KSO W40, Treksport W40, Bikila W40, Jaya LR W41, Komodosport LS W40, KSO Trek W40, Spyridon LS W40, Bikila LS W40
Other:Merrell Trail Glove M 7.5, Merrell Sonic Glove M 7.5, VB Neo W41, VB Off Road Hi W41, Merrell Delight W9, VB Breatho Trail W40, Runamoc Dash U9, Merrell Road Glove M7.5
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: