BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
August 27, 2014, 02:56:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello from Vancouver, Canada  (Read 503 times)
yogiaddict

yogiaddict is a new face.

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2010, 02:33:39 PM »

Hi there,

I found out about VFF when reading a magazine (can't recall which one) a while back. I searched long and wide to find a pair in Vancouver, coming to find out that Mountain Equipment Co-op sells them. so off i went to MEC to buy a pair only to find out they are sold out across the country and not expecting to get a new shipment to the warehouse until January 2011 at the earliest. I could not wait this long to try them out. so i went online to the VFF website and cautiously ordered a pair of KSO in black sz 40.

then after doing some more research online about them i found out that everyone says the black fit small!!!! agh what was i do to! i just ordered them online and was waiting for them to arrive in the mail....  well they got here (in just under a week and a half, with a long weekend thrown in the mix) and i admit they were a tad snug to begin with, my big toe touches the end of the pocket, but it feels good, i could not imagine having more space in the toes! they're awesome. i've been wearing them everywhere since i bought them! have yet to work out or run in them (caught a cold and am recovering).

these are the best shoes (or lack of shoes) i have ever worn! i can wear them all day long and not have a sore back (i have back pain from an injury i sustained while training for speed skating some 6 years ago). i feel very constricted when wearing my dress shoes to work, i wish i could wear my VFF all the time.  I plan on ordering more pairs in the future. i was thinking of some classic's next for casual wear! not sure how i should order these and the VFF website sizing chart says i would need a 41, however i dont' want them to be too big or have to worry about exchanges!! any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
« on: September 16, 2010, 02:33:39 PM »

Rana
Global Moderator
Superstar

Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 04:09:55 PM »

Welcome! Smiley

All an octopus needs to trap a human is a door with three knobs.

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/56809170@N00/sets/72157622338419245/
Gallery: http://sungazer.zenfolio.com
Barefootin Family

Barefootin Family is starting to look familiar.Barefootin Family is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 04:42:03 PM »

Welcome. Glad to hear you like them. They are awsome. I have a couple of friends here in Omaha that are from Vancouver.

Be free.
yogiaddict

yogiaddict is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 12:43:28 AM »

So i did my first run today in my KSO's. it was pouring outside and cold so i took them to the gym to run on the treadmill. They felt great beneath my foot and i am sure feeling my calves this evening! its a good feeling however and i look forward to having strong calves/ankles and feet.

however i got 2 blisters on the insides of my foot (one on each side) where the fabric meets the sole. Once my run was over it hurt to walk as it was rubbing.

I'm gonna let the blisters heal before i attempt to wear my KSO's again as i don't want to get any type of infection on my foot!!

i've been looking on here and i can't seem to find any suggestions as to what to do other then to wear some Injinji socks! I bought the KSO's to fit snug and i doubt i could fit any socks on in the shoes!!

next time i go for a run should i just try to lubricate my feet? I don't have any specific runners stuff, so i was thinking of just putting some deodorant on my foot? good idea? bad idea? or should i break down and go buy some body glide (i think thats the stuff they sell for runners)

Thank for your help.

Also what size of Classics would fit best do you think? my black KSO's fit snug and are a size M40?

thanks
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 12:43:28 AM »

jmijares

jmijares is well known.jmijares is well known.jmijares is well known.jmijares is well known.

South Tower of the Golden Gate Bridge. 750 ft ASL.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 08:30:16 AM »

My KSOs gave me blisters too, so I have to use the Injinji socks with them.

Welcome to BirthdayShoes!  Most of my family is in Vancouver.  I can't wait to see their reaction when I visit them wearing my VFFs!

------------------------------------------------
3200 Miles in minimalist shoes since 17 April 2010

Currently running in B2R Raja Trainer

"Do you believe a man can change his destiny?"
"I believe a man does what he can, until his destiny is revealed."
- The Last Samurai
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: