BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
September 30, 2014, 07:57:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey everyone, John from Newtown Square says hi  (Read 588 times)
Swim 37

Swim 37 is a new face.

View Profile
« on: May 28, 2010, 03:23:32 PM »

Hi,
I first heard about VFFs in an advertisement several years ago.  Im run high school XC and track, but I am kind of fed up with running because I kept getting injured. Angry  Even though Im not doing XC this year I decided to get a pair of KSO to try to re-spark my interest in running.
I look forward to having some good discussions on this forum.
John

Bagpipes are not an instrument. They are a weapon.
« on: May 28, 2010, 03:23:32 PM »

Anderson

Anderson is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 03:31:28 PM »

Hey, John, welcome!  From another VFF newb, I can say you'll probably find yourself hooked pretty quickly once you have a pair that fits.  Let me be the first of many to say: take your time when you get started with these.  Running "barefoot" will start you using muscles you didn't know you had, and they'll need some time to wake up.

Look forward to hearing how you like them!

"Buy me a Bushmills, I'll sing you a song."
Swim 37

Swim 37 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 03:23:14 PM »

I did my first barefoot run today.  It was Awsome! I did just under two miles in 95 degree humid weather with the black, sun baked asphalt burning up my feet.  Got my first blisters and proud of them.  Does anyone know what to do from here.  Like should I run again tomorrow or only every other day?

bohicawill

bohicawill is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 10:46:28 PM »

Welcome, I am not a runner so I can't give advice on that subject. I just wear my VFF's as everyday shoes and my wife and I love them. Once again Welcome.
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 10:46:28 PM »

Lreilly27

Lreilly27 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 01:00:37 PM »

Hey Neighbor!  I'm assuming you mean Newtown Sq, PA?  This is Alan writing from Exton.  I just got back from my first barefoot run and my feet and calves are on fire.  Blisters? Check.  I just ordered my first pair of VFFs so I'm trying to get ready for them slowly but surely.  Keep running man!
balsam0

balsam0 is starting to look familiar.balsam0 is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 01:30:36 PM »

If you ran barefoot and have a blister, wear something to protect it.  Don't run barefoot till it is healed.  It is going to be a long grueling process of trial an error to run barefoot without blisters.  I have been working at it since August of 09 and I still get blisters when I run.  My longest run without blisters was 2 miles, but it left my feet tender.
Swim 37

Swim 37 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 10:52:53 PM »

If you ran barefoot and have a blister, wear something to protect it.  Don't run barefoot till it is healed.  It is going to be a long grueling process of trial an error to run barefoot without blisters.  I have been working at it since August of 09 and I still get blisters when I run.  My longest run without blisters was 2 miles, but it left my feet tender.
oops, Grin  I did my second barefoot run of about 2 miles again today.  I still havent felt any muscular sore or pain at all, but my blisters filled up again.  Before my run today they had pretty much healed up.  Its lots of fun though.  Thanks for the advice.   

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: