BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
July 28, 2014, 12:12:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi from Hampshire!  (Read 1079 times)
joeoha

joeoha is a new face.

View Profile
« on: July 25, 2009, 08:30:20 AM »

Hi, I'm Joe and I'm a new owner of some super cool blue/camo KSOs.

I took up running at the start of this year, when a friend suggested we run the Fleet Half Marathon (which we did), but I've really struggled to keep it up because of constant knee pain. Wanting to get back into running, I was surfing around and came across the whole barefoot movement, and - consequently - the VFF movement.

Although I couldn't find any KSOs locally, I did manage to find them online, and received them yesterday. I've gone out for my maiden run in them today and wow, it was really enjoyable (partly, probably, because of the novelty value... boys and their toys) and also very interesting to see just how differently I run in them compared to my Mizuno running shoes. I could definitely feel some muscles working that hadn't for some time (if ever, really), which is definitely a good thing. And, best of all, no knee pain.

I'm hoping to meet people on here who are going through the same journey as I am, hopefully towards greater fitness and running (& walking) pleasure.

Hi!
« on: July 25, 2009, 08:30:20 AM »

RobbieD

RobbieD is a new face.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 11:08:40 AM »

Welcome to the forum Joe,

I am across in Somerset and luckily I bought both my pairs on ebay, KSO's cost me 76 with postage and my Sprints were 68 with postage.
Luckily using the measurement charts both pairs fitted perfectly.

I guarantee everyone will stare at you - Dont know if they will become more readily available here in the UK soon!

Welcome again.

Regards
Robert.
joeoha

joeoha is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 02:45:59 PM »

I did have a look on eBay, but there wasn't a huge choice, and nothing that looked like it would save any money. I suppose that's the thing... you can get some great stuff, but only if someone happens to be selling it at the time you look.

If I could get some Sprints for under 70, I might very well do so (although not sure whether I'd go for grey or red).

I certainly haven't seen anyone else wearing VFFs, but I keep promising my friends that it's only the start of the revolution. Needless to say, they're ever so slightly sceptical. Fortunately, though, my girlfriend is very positive about it, and I can see her getting a pair in the not too distant future.

Thanks for the welcome. I look forward to speaking to you (sing. and plu.) soon.
allawayr

allawayr is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 10:29:43 AM »

Welcome, Joeoha!!  Grin

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/yawalla
Better Living Through Nutrition: http://livingthroughnutrition.wordpress.com/
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 10:29:43 AM »

justin
Administrator
Superstar

justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!

Rediscovering my humanity one step at a time.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 02:17:24 PM »

Welcome to the forums Joe!! Keep us posted on your progress!

Ardent

Ardent is making a name for themselves.Ardent is making a name for themselves.Ardent is making a name for themselves.Ardent is making a name for themselves.Ardent is making a name for themselves.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 05:16:20 PM »

Joeoha

Hello from Leicester. Yep the sore muscles is a right of passage, they have been dormant while wearing other shoes. Couple of weeks or so to adapt depending on mileage

Jason

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: