BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
December 20, 2014, 08:58:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi from The Netherlands!  (Read 2691 times)
VFF88

VFF88 is a new face.

View Profile
« on: May 26, 2009, 05:26:22 PM »

Hi there everybody!

I'm Wil from The Netherlands. I received a pair of VFF today and they totally rock! I was already used to the fact of something between my toes because I'm wearing toesocks for six years now. I had to try the Fivefingers.

I'm planning to go running with them as well but the weather didn't give me the oppertunity yet = P

Btw, Nice meeting you all!

Kind regards,
Wil
« on: May 26, 2009, 05:26:22 PM »

Ardent

Ardent is making a name for themselves.Ardent is making a name for themselves.Ardent is making a name for themselves.Ardent is making a name for themselves.Ardent is making a name for themselves.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 05:41:16 PM »

Hello Wil.

Welcome. I joined today as well. Do you run anyway or are just starting?

Unless you already run barefoot/flats you can expect some discomfort in your calves as muscles that have been dormant for years are suddenly woken up.
The general rule is go easy for a start. Increase the miles slowly. Once past the initial stage, go for it. I will not run in  anything else now. (sprints)

Jason from not so sunny England

VFF88

VFF88 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 05:47:09 PM »

I'm a starter. Thanks for your advice! Me and my GF decided to do running together. We started by running approx. 5 km the first time.

What VFF do you have and how do they fit? I have a feeling mine are a bit to big but I'm afraid that if I order one size smaller that they will get too tight.
Ardent

Ardent is making a name for themselves.Ardent is making a name for themselves.Ardent is making a name for themselves.Ardent is making a name for themselves.Ardent is making a name for themselves.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 06:04:50 PM »

Wil and GF

I have KSO and Classics but only really use my sprints. Sizing really is tricky as all three feel different. I personally found the KSO to be the most comfortable once I got them on. The classics, I could go a size smaller. The sprints seem to be the best fit for me. Having said that, I would really like one size for the left foot and another for the right.

It is a very personal thing. People with webbed toes = no joy. People with longer second toes than big toes = tricky. Really best to try on in a shop if you can.

The general feeling is,
They should be a snug fit,
it is better to get the toes sorted rather than the heel

Jason trying to be helpful

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 06:04:50 PM »

allawayr

allawayr is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 08:27:46 PM »

Starting out running in VFFs is the best in my opinion - there's no need to slowly switch mileage over from old trainers (I'm in that process now!)

Welcome and good luck!! Great to see a new runner and VFFer

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/yawalla
Better Living Through Nutrition: http://livingthroughnutrition.wordpress.com/
justin
Administrator
Superstar

justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!

Rediscovering my humanity one step at a time.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 09:54:08 PM »

Hi there everybody!

I'm Wil from The Netherlands. I received a pair of VFF today and they totally rock! I was already used to the fact of something between my toes because I'm wearing toesocks for six years now. I had to try the Fivefingers.

I'm planning to go running with them as well but the weather didn't give me the oppertunity yet = P

Btw, Nice meeting you all!

Kind regards,
Wil

Welcome to the club Wil!

VFF88

VFF88 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 04:28:25 PM »

Thanks Justin. Good to be here! Hope this will be a great forum.

Maybe there could be a section for toesocks as well?? They represent birthdayshoes/feet also quite good if you ask me Cheesy
Jambo

Jambo is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 09:57:24 AM »

Hi Wil, good to have another VFF'er on board!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: