BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
July 23, 2014, 02:04:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi from Belgium!  (Read 442 times)
Jammy

Jammy is a new face.

View Profile
« on: May 24, 2012, 08:12:34 AM »

As a new member, let me introduce myself:

I'm a 34-year-old woman, living in Belgium. While training with my dog (dog agility) I started to land on my forefoot when sprinting. A personal trainer told me that was really bad, so I turned back to heelstriking. When I saw myself on video, it seemed that I was struggling to move, while I thought I was moving fast. I gave all I had, but it still looked like I was running in water...
A few months ago, I learned about barefoot running and the mid-/ forefoot strike and I bought my first pair of minimalistic shoes, Invo-8's Bare Grip 200. A few weeks ago I bought Fivefingers (Spyridons), and I'm so addicted to them, I already consider buying an extra pair. I use them mostly for dog agility, but love to wear team all the time. Everything just fell into place, this way of moving feels much more natural! I run faster now, with more grip then I ever had with "normal" shoes. And I really enjoy the contact with the surfaces I run and walk on. Walking in the woods is really walking IN the woods now, instead of ON the woods...
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 10:34:59 AM by Jammy » Logged

Once you go barefoot you'll never go back! :-)

VFF Spyridon LS - VFF KomodoSport - VFF Bikila LS - VFF Sprints khaki/putty/clay are on their way :-) - Inov-8 Bare Grip 200 - VivoBarefoot Neo Trail
« on: May 24, 2012, 08:12:34 AM »

jmijares

jmijares is well known.jmijares is well known.jmijares is well known.jmijares is well known.

South Tower of the Golden Gate Bridge. 750 ft ASL.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 08:22:35 AM »

Welcome to BirthdayShoes!

------------------------------------------------
3200 Miles in minimalist shoes since 17 April 2010

Currently running in B2R Raja Trainer

"Do you believe a man can change his destiny?"
"I believe a man does what he can, until his destiny is revealed."
- The Last Samurai
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 01:32:24 PM »

Welcome to birthdayshoes.  Enjoy the site and the wealth of knowledge that it and its member's can provide. 

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
Slolane

Slolane is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 12:23:31 PM »

Welcome!!! 

Vibram FiveFingers: Bikila LS (black/green), Speed (blue), Speed (black), Trek LS (brown), Trek LS (black), Spyridon (orange)
Vivobarefoot: Ra (black)
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 12:23:31 PM »

PB Junkie

PB Junkie is starting to look familiar.PB Junkie is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 01:01:02 PM »

Welcome to the site!

VFFs: KSO W40, Treksport W40, Bikila W40, Jaya LR W41, Komodosport LS W40, KSO Trek W40, Spyridon LS W40, Bikila LS W40
Other:Merrell Trail Glove M 7.5, Merrell Sonic Glove M 7.5, VB Neo W41, VB Off Road Hi W41, Merrell Delight W9, VB Breatho Trail W40, Runamoc Dash U9, Merrell Road Glove M7.5
Lyonel

Lyonel is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 02:37:44 PM »

Welkom, veel plezier.

Bikila - Bikila LS (2x) - Bormio - Classic (2x) - Komodosport - Komodosport LS - KSO Trek (retired) - KSO Treksport - Trek LS (2x) - Seeya - Sorrento - Speed - Spyridon LS - KSO Remix - ElX

Adipure Lace Trainer-Original Luna ATS laces-LEMS Boulder Boot
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: