BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
July 28, 2014, 12:13:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Just ordered VFF's - Hammer Toes  (Read 2390 times)
Deepblur

Deepblur is a new face.

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2010, 11:11:26 PM »

Hi from Hong Kong VFF World,

I just ordered a pair of VFF's after following the measurement guidelines available.  The length should be correct (exactly 9 3/4inch both feet), but I am slightly worried about my stupid, ugly hammer toes.  They are quite serious.  I am a runner naturally and have always run.  They've never bothered me (my toes) before, though I have had the usual suspects of injuries over the years - shin splints, plantar fascitis (sp?) etc and constantly have athletes foot.  I'm a swim coach and scuba instructor so I'm always around the water, which doesn't help with that I know.  No idea if the problems were related to my toes or not (aside from the athletes foot). 

Big toes - normal
2nd toes - hammered so if standing up i can just barely see the start of the nail.  There's a space under middle part of toe cause of the hammered front end.
3rd toes - same as second toes
4th toes - hammered and turned in towards and against 2nd toes, can see start of nail
baby toes - hammered and have an edge where they press up against 4th toes and ground from front to back, short n stubby

I love the idea of the five fingers / barefoot running.  LOVE IT! 

Has anyone had any experience with themselves and hammer toes with VFF's or know of others?  I haven't found very much info on this issue.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Hopefully they'll work out great.  I'm really looking forward to trying them out.  Couple of weeks to wait though!

Thanks,
Chris Huh
« on: January 18, 2010, 11:11:26 PM »

Hawkeye
Superstar

Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!

I go barefoot, but my dog wears shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 05:52:59 AM »

You might have some problems with your hammer toes popping out of the pockets since they're shorter than non-hammer toes. My husband's pinky hammer toe would pop out now and again while in his m43 KSOs, but not so much anymore after sizing down to a M42.

But you won't really know until you try them on.
Deepblur

Deepblur is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 09:11:20 PM »

I've been wearing my Classics around the house for the last week.  My big toes are snug but the rest have room to move and the 4th toe feels strange.  My heels do not really fit in snug either.  I'm going to try them out doors this weekend. 
mschot

mschot is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 09:53:53 PM »

Hi Chris,

I am living in Hong Kong right now as well. May I ask you where you ordered them? I have sent a e-mail to Vibram where the best place it order / buy them when you live in Hong Kong, but no response yet. Please let me know your ordering experience.

BTW I looking for a size 42 KSO Black/Orange or a Bikila if I can hold out that long... probably will end up getting both. ;-)

thanks in advance

Matthijs
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 09:53:53 PM »

Tonymac

Tonymac is a new face.

Drink water, stay motivated!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 09:10:17 AM »

i am going to tell you right now, ever since I have been wearing mine and running in them, my toes have been self correcting. I will post up a pic later as I have to get back to work.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: