BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
September 16, 2014, 12:54:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New guy, hooked on VFF's...  (Read 950 times)
Slolane

Slolane is a new face.

View Profile
« on: May 16, 2012, 05:30:46 PM »

At 5'9" and almost 200 lbs (fair shape) I have had planters fasciitis for a long time. Through sleeping in "boots" to keep my feet at 90 degrees when at rest, custom insoles and other things I nursed it along. After a knee injury in law enforcement (where they wanted us to be apx 200lbs) I left and went back to IT, during this time I went from just under 200lbs to 165-172 depending on the month... not only did I feel much better but my foot issues, acid reflux and sleep issues were all gone. I never had surgery for the ACL tear (not a complete tear) or the lateral meniscus tear, I just lost weight and bicycle a bood amount now and LOVE IT! I avoid soccer now but I can live with that.  Undecided

So between cycling 2-4 days a week, 1-2 days a week at the gym and calorie counting (eating the right foods) I keep fairly healthy. My feet have always been an issue and never flet strong like the rest of me... did a bit of reading and came across VFF's and barefoot information before but never felt comfortable with making the leap. A few days ago my son comes home with Adidas trainers (http://www.adidas.com/us/content/menstraining) and loves them, he uses them in the gym for his workouts. After reading on this site and many others that night I went out the next day and picked up some VFF's and right away I could tell although this was different and I would have to transition into them but this was going to be great.

So 3 days later here I am with the following...
- Bikila LS for the gym/workouts.
- Speed for casual every day.
- Trek LS in brown and black for work/casual every day.
- Socks for when they are needed.

Lovin it!!!

Vibram FiveFingers: Bikila LS (black/green), Speed (blue), Speed (black), Trek LS (brown), Trek LS (black), Spyridon (orange)
Vivobarefoot: Ra (black)
« on: May 16, 2012, 05:30:46 PM »

Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 05:50:17 PM »

Welcome to Birthdayshoes.  Three days into wearing VFFs and you already have 4 pair.  You are going to fit in nicely here, LOL.  Just be sure to take it easy as you transition into minimalist footwear.  Use the search bar and read about TMTS or too much too soon.  Learn from other people's mistakes and I hope you remain injury free. 

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
Slolane

Slolane is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 06:15:57 PM »

Welcome to Birthdayshoes.  Three days into wearing VFFs and you already have 4 pair.  You are going to fit in nicely here, LOL.  Just be sure to take it easy as you transition into minimalist footwear.  Use the search bar and read about TMTS or too much too soon.  Learn from other people's mistakes and I hope you remain injury free. 

Yeh, I tend to go full speed into things, LOL. I'm wearing them around the house, some short errands and short 1 mile walks with my pup on the trail at my local park for now. Thank you for the guidance, I don't want any injury. Already I have to say wearing my "regular" shoes they now feel weird.

Vibram FiveFingers: Bikila LS (black/green), Speed (blue), Speed (black), Trek LS (brown), Trek LS (black), Spyridon (orange)
JustinB

JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 09:48:49 AM »

Everytime I see a pair of Trek LS I think "wow, i really like those" and then I have to convince myself not to get them because I just would not get enough use out of them.  Ncie collection already though!

42 Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, 43 Black Classic, 44 Black Moc, 43 Black/White Speed,43 Grey/Green Bikila LS, 43 Black/Day Glow SeeYa
44 Black/White Vivobarefoot Neo, 43 Black Vivobarefoot Ra
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 09:48:49 AM »

Slolane

Slolane is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 11:09:43 AM »

Thanks guys, these are really great. Now I just have to stay off the websites that sell them... Smiley

Horse Rider

Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.

Life without animals is not worth living

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 02:58:41 PM »

If you are anything like me, that may prove to be impossible (see my signature...)

Treksport Pink
Bikila Silver/Verde,LS Purple
Flow Black
Sprint Black,Slate/Palmx2,Fuschia,Blue/Aqua
Classic Stormy Sea,Chili,Grey/Orange,Mauvex2,Lilac,Khaki,Suomy,Yellow/Grey,Sand/Dusty Blue,SW Charcoal
Alitza Grey/Rose
Spyridon LS
Stems,Lems,EvoII,Off Rd Hi,Boxing Boot,Lucy Lite,Konvinesx2
Slolane

Slolane is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 04:03:08 PM »

If you are anything like me, that may prove to be impossible (see my signature...)

Nice!

Yeh, actually I heard about some more local sales on em from a friend so I'm hitting HTO and EMS tomorrow. I mean, it's a sale!  Smiley

Slolane

Slolane is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 05:50:01 PM »

Short update...

I'm loving my switch to VFF's! I wear them daily now at home, work, the gym, errands, etc. I took some time getting used to them, wearing them at home at first for a few hours at a time up to now where I wear them all day. I do need a bit more of a dressy pair of shoes and and also looking at the Ra's. Went out for dinner and a play and I wore standard dress shoes, I had could barely stand it they were so tight at the front. The only other shoes I'm wearing now is a couple pair of cycling shoes (spd's), some casual Vans slip-ons and some Kai-Kai flip-flops and my feet haven't felt this great in years!

- Bikila LS for the gym/workouts -
Working out 2 days a week at the gym, I am not a runner but wear the Bikila's at the gym for working out, feeling good.

- Speed for casual every day -
I like these a lot, I may get another pair of speeds in black, we will see.

- Trek LS in brown and Trek LS in black -
Been wearing these to the office with khakis and around as casual with jeans, only 1 person at the office noticed so far and they liked em.

Edit...
Just ordered some black Speeds and black Ra's as well, can't wait to get them and try out.

Pic from today out back, nothing fancy though...

« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 06:13:02 PM by Slolane » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: