BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
October 24, 2014, 12:10:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New to the forum  (Read 520 times)
Mr. Natural

Mr. Natural is a new face.

View Profile
« on: December 11, 2010, 06:26:21 PM »

Wow, like most newbies, I was really skeptical of the whole premise of VFF's.  Looking at them, I couldn't imagine they could be comfortable, and considered them just a silly "fad".  After reading reviews and doing a little web research, I tried a on a pair at my local REI (KSO's; gray camo), and was immediately hooked.  I followed the advice of reviewers, and got used to the feel over several days of home wear, itching to give them a good testing.  One of my favorite exercises is to walk dry beach sand, and boy, do these VFF's rock!  Much better foot/ankle training than the running shoes I'd been used to.  Walked about 1.5 miles on the beach in my new KSO's today, with no problem whatsoever.  With conventional shoes, there's always the risk of rolling an ankle, but I get much more stability with the VFF's.  They are the perfect combination of foot protection and bare foot "connection" to any surface.  Can't wait to try them when camping and light hiking.  I'm glad there's a forum like this one to share tips and enthusiasm about this revolutionary footwear!

Cheers,
Jerry

"I have found through trial and error that I work best under duress.  In fact, I work only under duress."
     -Ed Abbey
« on: December 11, 2010, 06:26:21 PM »

jmijares

jmijares is well known.jmijares is well known.jmijares is well known.jmijares is well known.

South Tower of the Golden Gate Bridge. 750 ft ASL.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 06:55:49 PM »

Welcome to BirthdayShoes!

------------------------------------------------
3200 Miles in minimalist shoes since 17 April 2010

Currently running in B2R Raja Trainer

"Do you believe a man can change his destiny?"
"I believe a man does what he can, until his destiny is revealed."
- The Last Samurai
Ardent

Ardent is making a name for themselves.Ardent is making a name for themselves.Ardent is making a name for themselves.Ardent is making a name for themselves.Ardent is making a name for themselves.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 05:58:01 PM »

welcome

Rana
Global Moderator
Superstar

Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 11:25:13 PM »

Welcome! Smiley

All an octopus needs to trap a human is a door with three knobs.

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/56809170@N00/sets/72157622338419245/
Gallery: http://sungazer.zenfolio.com
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 11:25:13 PM »

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: