BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
November 24, 2014, 05:16:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: newbie from Minneapolis  (Read 661 times)
treklightly

treklightly is a new face.

View Profile WWW
« on: December 18, 2009, 02:15:35 PM »

I adopted a minimalist/primal running style almost three months ago after reading some of the reviews of Chris McDougall's book 'Born to Run' and similarly to the author discovered that my pain with running went away as my running style completely changed.  It had been over two and a half years since I have been able to run without an onset of excruciating knee pain after a 1/2 mile of running.  And in over course of that two years, I've paid visits to two different doctors and and received physical therapy for patellofemoral syndrome and in the end, it helped some, but certainly not solved the core issue.  I had all but pretty much given up on running until I discovered primal running.

The first time I ran in my Vibram Fivefinger KSO's, I ran almost 3 miles with no pain!  Granted I've had sore calves and achilles tightness since then as well as rare minor twinges of pain around my knees as I increase my mileage.  This kind of pain I can deal with  and the calf and achilles tightness is typical with those adopting this style of running.  Currently I am up to almost 7 miles and am thoroughly enjoying running, enjoyment that I've never had before...

Thought I would jump in to this forum as I feel like I have a long way to "re-learn" how to run.

Jeremy
- -
treklightly.blogspot.com
« on: December 18, 2009, 02:15:35 PM »

toastergirl

toastergirl is a regular 'round here.toastergirl is a regular 'round here.toastergirl is a regular 'round here.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 03:23:05 PM »

welcome to the boards and glad that you have found joy in running again! Smiley

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame sombody else" --Pre
AlanT

AlanT is highly regarded.AlanT is highly regarded.AlanT is highly regarded.AlanT is highly regarded.AlanT is highly regarded.AlanT is highly regarded.

Run, eat, sleep, repeat...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 03:26:14 PM »

Welcome to the forums, treklightly. I'm sure you'll have much to share with us. Looking forward to it.

Alan

Barefoot Journey blog: http://thwaits.wordpress.com/
Rana
Global Moderator
Superstar

Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 01:33:05 AM »

Welcome!  Smiley

All an octopus needs to trap a human is a door with three knobs.

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/56809170@N00/sets/72157622338419245/
Gallery: http://sungazer.zenfolio.com
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 01:33:05 AM »

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: