BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
July 24, 2014, 03:17:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Runnin in the Rain.  (Read 860 times)
Backpacking Ninja

Backpacking Ninja is a new face.

Misadventures of a Misanthrope.

View Profile WWW
« on: May 20, 2010, 05:22:19 PM »

Well helllllo there birthdayshoes community.  I'm a yoga enthusiast and soon-to-be runner.  I hate just walking but running sets my soul on fiiiire.

Smiley  I live in the great southern state of Mississippi and right now I'm the only person I know in my school who owns these shoes, a few people around town do, but I don't know them really well.

I wanted to introduce myself, you can call me Ninja, if you'd like.  I'm not too fond of real names, so just stick with that.

Oh, and I have a question.  When you bought your first Vibrams (Mine are KSOs, light blue, gray, and white) did you suddenly feel more adventurous or as if you could do anything?  Yeah, I was just wondering if I was the only one.  Thanks to my KSOs I'm now going white water rafting, camping, hiking, and hopefully bouldering!   Smiley

-Backpacking Ninja

My Narrative Blog:  misadventuresmisanthrope.wordpress.com  Smiley
Alfred: Noun, Verb, Adjective(on off days): Anything I make or create.  I make my personality, my diet, and my memories.
Verb:  To act like an individual, to think for yourself.
Don't conform, Alfred.
« on: May 20, 2010, 05:22:19 PM »

JohnnyIdaho

JohnnyIdaho is a new face.

Black KSO's

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 05:36:08 PM »

Well helllllo there birthdayshoes community.  I'm a yoga enthusiast and soon-to-be runner.  I hate just walking but running sets my soul on fiiiire.

Smiley  I live in the great southern state of Mississippi and right now I'm the only person I know in my school who owns these shoes, a few people around town do, but I don't know them really well.

I wanted to introduce myself, you can call me Ninja, if you'd like.  I'm not too fond of real names, so just stick with that.

Oh, and I have a question.  When you bought your first Vibrams (Mine are KSOs, light blue, gray, and white) did you suddenly feel more adventurous or as if you could do anything?  Yeah, I was just wondering if I was the only one.  Thanks to my KSOs I'm now going white water rafting, camping, hiking, and hopefully bouldering!   Smiley

-Backpacking Ninja

Welcome Ninja!  Sounds like you are ready to get out there and dominate everything!  I got my first pair of KSOs in the winter and wouldn't let a little snow keep me from getting out side so I know the feeling of doing anything!  Go with it and conquer it all!

"You can call your turkey organic and torture it daily. "

Jonathan Safran Foer (Eating Animals)
Rana
Global Moderator
Superstar

Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 06:31:32 PM »

Welcome!  Smiley

When you bought your first Vibrams (Mine are KSOs, light blue, gray, and white) did you suddenly feel more adventurous or as if you could do anything?

Definitely!

All an octopus needs to trap a human is a door with three knobs.

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/56809170@N00/sets/72157622338419245/
Gallery: http://sungazer.zenfolio.com
morgan_4785

morgan_4785 is starting to look familiar.morgan_4785 is starting to look familiar.

live free or die hard

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 08:34:04 PM »

die with your boots on!! words to live by.  Wink

jesus Saves
Feet are the greatest piece of technology ever. guess who made them? God
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 08:34:04 PM »

FL Runner

FL Runner is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 11:03:57 PM »

Welcome!  Smiley

When you bought your first Vibrams (Mine are KSOs, light blue, gray, and white) did you suddenly feel more adventurous or as if you could do anything?

Definitely!

X2

btw, welcome Ninja (cool name  Smiley )

"I just felt like running." - Forrest Gump
Opportunity is often passed up because it is disguised as hard work.
morgan_4785

morgan_4785 is starting to look familiar.morgan_4785 is starting to look familiar.

live free or die hard

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 11:06:39 PM »

Welcome!  Smiley

Definitely!

X2

btw, welcome Ninja (cool name  Smiley )

add one more to the tally.

jesus Saves
Feet are the greatest piece of technology ever. guess who made them? God
Backpacking Ninja

Backpacking Ninja is a new face.

Misadventures of a Misanthrope.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2010, 07:05:04 AM »

Ok, good to hear, my mom thought I went crazy when I suddenly became a huge outdoors kind of person when I got this.  Smiley

My Narrative Blog:  misadventuresmisanthrope.wordpress.com  Smiley
Alfred: Noun, Verb, Adjective(on off days): Anything I make or create.  I make my personality, my diet, and my memories.
Verb:  To act like an individual, to think for yourself.
Don't conform, Alfred.
iPhreak

iPhreak is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2010, 07:51:08 AM »

Yep, count me in as well.  My wife told me yesterday that she does not know what happened to me.  Ever since I received my first pair of VFFs I have been obsessed with them.  I actually did a trail run, and I have never even really thought about doing one.  That is what treks will do for ya. Wink
Sulysa

Sulysa is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2010, 11:54:34 AM »

Hi ninja! Wellcome!  I know what you mean. They just make me want to go do everything.
My mom said cute! My dad said, those are interesting haha

I am waiting on my larger pair as we speak and I am excited to try them out this weekend.
I am actually going on a trip next week to Gatlinburg and then down to Mississippi for a week and a half. LOVE IT there! So many great trails and places to explore.

~ Susie-Q
mwhities

mwhities is a new face.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2010, 12:49:26 PM »

Welcome from another Mississippian.

You can call me Michael. Smiley

I'm in the Jackson Metro area and there are several others that wear VFFs here.

Welcome aboard again.

Michael

jsimpson4

jsimpson4 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2010, 12:56:02 PM »

Michael and Ninja,
I am also here in the Jackson Metro area. Glad to see some other MS folks. How are you enjoying our typically hot summers filled with late afternoon rains? Sure makes for some muggy runs, huh? This is why I get up at 4:00 in the mornings to get my runs in!

S-I-M-P
Mississippi, USA
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: