BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
December 18, 2014, 10:25:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vlad  (Read 600 times)
Vlad

Vlad is a new face.

View Profile WWW
« on: June 01, 2010, 05:52:47 PM »

1. What styles VFFs do you currently have?  Want?
KSO, would love a pair of classics and, dare I say, normal minimalist (like Terra Plana)

2. How did you first hear about VFFs?
Took my brother to my parent's church for Easter and the pastor's kid had 'em on! Went right home, looked them up, and research the "minimalist revolution" for a few weeks before purchasing.

3. How long have you had your VFFs?
Been wearing them for about a week, I bought 5 pairs to make sure I got the right fit and style Smiley (different sizes in both KSO and Trek). I jumped right into them, I decided the shoes I had been wearing all my life were very thin and low on support so started out running on the treadmill barefoot, had zero problems and in the first week was up to nearly 3 miles. This was right before getting my KSOs so I took no transition time, I was lucky Smiley

4. What do you enjoy doing in your VFFs?
Living. I normally run on the treadmill, in which case I am barefoot. So far I mostly wear them for everyday use. I will probably run in them though when I am forced to run outside (our treadmill is broken and works about 50% of the time) and for longer runs on the treadmill as the belt gets awfully hot on the bare feet.

5. Do you have any funny stories about people seeing you in them?
Not really. What I do find funny is the spectrum of comments. Everything from "How long have you been gay?" and "Do you smoke pole?" to "Oh I've seen those all over, how do you like them?" But I also work in construction which is a deadly combination of political incorrectness and conservative attitudes. It was funny, my parents told my uncle about the shoes and he asked how long I had been gay for, and then I started talking about minimalist and barefoot running and he got all into it, apparently he had just read an article in the newspaper about barefoot running! [He is ultra conservative, expects you to dress up to get on an airplane Smiley]

6. Have you ever spurred anyone else to get VFFs?
No, maybe I will at some time though.

7. What is your job, and will they let you wear VFFs to work?
I work at Papa John's and wear them there, unless I am doing dough as I don't want them covered in flour. I also do sales for a building materials store and the jury is out. I was told "no" because of safety- I am not sure if that was a veiled "no they are not appropriate" or a true "safety" concern... as I go outside very rarely and can easily throw my steel toed boots on. (Let's just say no one was saying anything when I was wearing shorts and tennis shoes last week, so either they just decided I can't be making a habit of it, or it was these particular shoes). I do understand since I do work with clients often, take them outside, and point at the concrete (making my shoes pretty obvious), I have thought about finding a cruddy pair of shoes and hacking the top off and seeing if I can make some straps to put them "over" the KSOs lol.

8. Anything else you'd like to share about yourself?
Love video games, movies, anime, hookah, and do a bit of graphic design on the side.

9. How'd you hear about birthdayshoes.com?
Google

I had some health issues and lost nearly 100lbs since this photo, still got a bit more to go (it's a lot harder without the health problems Wink hence the newfound interest in running), but this is by far the coolest photo of myself due to the location.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 05:56:25 PM by Vlad » Logged

-JVRR
меня зовут Владимир или Джеймс.
Я знаю только немного русский язык (я американец, но мой пра дедушка русски).
Xbox LIVE! GT: "Vlad is Rad"
PS3 PSN: "Vlad_Is_Rad"
« on: June 01, 2010, 05:52:47 PM »

BigR

BigR is starting to look familiar.BigR is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 08:20:52 PM »

that ferris wheel looks odd like I've seen it in a picture of a russian town that was destroyed by a nuclear reactor explosion ( don't dare say I'm crazy!!) haha. and don't be ashamed of wanting some Terra Plana (I've been eyeing the oaks for awhile). And I fully understand the weigh issue due to medical reasons I'm battling a terrible thyroid problem and the meds sure arn't helping me any.. Anyway Welcome to the forums I've seen ya around a bit as well.

-Ryan

"The shoemaker's son always goes barefoot."
I want to smother the guy who said we need arch support...
Vlad

Vlad is a new face.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 08:44:13 PM »

that ferris wheel looks odd like I've seen it in a picture of a russian town that was destroyed by a nuclear reactor explosion ( don't dare say I'm crazy!!) haha.

True story, and that is indeed said ferris wheel Smiley (Chornobyl)

And I fully understand the weigh issue due to medical reasons I'm battling a terrible thyroid problem and the meds sure arn't helping me any.. Anyway Welcome to the forums I've seen ya around a bit as well.

I wish that had been my problem. I mean I am a firm believer that genetics and metabolism makes a huge difference (we all know those people that eat like pigs and don't exercise a minute, and are not a pound overweight)... but my weight was also a large part from being lazy Smiley. The health problem actually spurred the 90lbs weight loss, I had a bad gall bladder for who knows how long (potentially YEARS) before finally for about the year prior to surgery I got even worse and convinced the doctor it was not all in my head or just having a sensitive stomach as we had determined many years ago. Of course after I got fixed the weight loss stopped lol.

Yea I have been around, just was waiting for the intro post until I actually had my VFFs lol.

-JVRR
меня зовут Владимир или Джеймс.
Я знаю только немного русский язык (я американец, но мой пра дедушка русски).
Xbox LIVE! GT: "Vlad is Rad"
PS3 PSN: "Vlad_Is_Rad"
BigR

BigR is starting to look familiar.BigR is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 09:49:21 PM »

HA! i was right! the picture just seemed sooooo spooky and i had just looked at pictures online (quite scary if you ask me) and over 100 pounds lost is still an awesome feet i need to lose about 60 to be my ideal weight but I'm still super active pushing about 20 miles a week trail running.

"The shoemaker's son always goes barefoot."
I want to smother the guy who said we need arch support...
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 09:49:21 PM »

tak555

tak555 is starting to look familiar.tak555 is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 10:00:56 PM »

welcome! but i've seen you around the forum for some time now   Grin

very thorough responses btw

i stole this from member Ableobject... but it's cool:
....oooO..............
.....(....)...Oooo...
......)../.....(....)....
.....(_/.......)../.....
...............(_/.......
Pages: [1]
  Print