BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
August 29, 2014, 10:10:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WI - Hello! Anyone else around here?  (Read 391 times)
BarefootLifeguard

BarefootLifeguard is a new face.

View Profile
« on: May 05, 2012, 11:06:06 AM »

Hi! I'm new from the North East WI area, I haven't yet gotten a pair of vibrams but I'm a new barefoot runner! Is there anyone else on the forum from the area?
And what VFF do you recommend, I'm looking for a verrry breatheable pair to wear mostly casually and during some trail runs. Thanks!

The best shoe is still no shoe.
« on: May 05, 2012, 11:06:06 AM »

jmijares

jmijares is well known.jmijares is well known.jmijares is well known.jmijares is well known.

South Tower of the Golden Gate Bridge. 750 ft ASL.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 05:08:10 PM »

Welcome to BirthdayShoes!

------------------------------------------------
3200 Miles in minimalist shoes since 17 April 2010

Currently running in B2R Raja Trainer

"Do you believe a man can change his destiny?"
"I believe a man does what he can, until his destiny is revealed."
- The Last Samurai
PB Junkie

PB Junkie is starting to look familiar.PB Junkie is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 07:04:49 PM »

Welcome to the site!

Ass far as VFFs, it depends on how much shoe you're looking for. KSOs are the most like barefoot but may not be enough depending on your feet and the trails you want to travel. Bikilas LS are more shoe but don't really have a trail sole. For me, I really like my Spyridon LS. I've put about 90 miles on them and I really like them.

VFFs: KSO W40, Treksport W40, Bikila W40, Jaya LR W41, Komodosport LS W40, KSO Trek W40, Spyridon LS W40, Bikila LS W40
Other:Merrell Trail Glove M 7.5, Merrell Sonic Glove M 7.5, VB Neo W41, VB Off Road Hi W41, Merrell Delight W9, VB Breatho Trail W40, Runamoc Dash U9, Merrell Road Glove M7.5
barefootin

barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.

My Sneakers

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 08:09:50 PM »

Welcome!!  I'm a part time barefoot WI resident, but hang around the Pewaukee/Milwaukee area's when I'm in town.  Sprints or KSO's if you want the ground feel.  Personally, I prefer to do it bare Grin

I prefer to do it bare... 
See or "Feel" the world before they blow it up or pave it over.
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 08:09:50 PM »

BarefootLifeguard

BarefootLifeguard is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 11:30:43 PM »

Cool, thanks for the suggestions! I'll take them into consideration!

The best shoe is still no shoe.
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 05:09:13 PM »

I don't think there is any such thing as a very breathable pair of VFFs.  If you have naturally sweaty and odoriferous feet, you will continue to do so in VFFs.  I have Classics, the most open of all the models, and I find them to be dampened with sweat even indoors during the summer months.  The Classics are a great summer shoe, the VFF equivalent of a flip flop without the irritating noise.  If you need a little more security, the Sprint is comparable to the Classics but has a strap across the top of the foot to help hold the shoe on.  If you want a little more coverage on your foot, less openness, then the KSO is a decent choice.  All three of these models have the thinnest sole of any VFF.  If you need a little more protection, then some of the other models like Komodosport or Spyridon might be more up your alley.

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: