BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
October 02, 2014, 04:24:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1st run barefoot!  (Read 603 times)
mikee002

mikee002 is a new face.

View Profile
« on: June 16, 2010, 10:17:53 AM »

I had my first run barefoot last night, it felt awesome!  I'm easing into it by running barefoot first and then moving into the kso's down the road.  Everything felt great and I can't wait for more.  I got a few blisters started on the front of my 2nd and 3rd toes and one at the base of my big toe.  Is this normal, or should I be modifying something?  I probably only ran for 2 or 3 minutes on pavement.

I can't wait for more!
Mike
BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
« on: June 16, 2010, 10:17:53 AM »

balsam0

balsam0 is starting to look familiar.balsam0 is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 10:25:48 AM »

I am going to ask a question you probably won't be able to answer, because I ask myself this question every time I run barefoot and I don't know if I can give an honest answer.

Are you picking up your entire foot without dragging it?

The reason I ask myself this question a lot is because I will get rough spots on my toes.  Is that caused by bad form or are my feet still getting used to being free and that is the process the skin needs to toughen up.  I had really bad blisters during my transition and still get them from time to time.  I learned a valuable lesson though, and that is to carry your shoes with you.  If you start to feel some tenderness in the feet put your shoes on.  In my case they happen to be classics so carry them around doesn't hinder my performance because they are light.  Since I have been carrying my shoes I haven't had any issues, which is weird.  I would think it would be the opposite.  I think I would be in the zone and running with perfect form because I didn't have a backup plan.  Those days were my worst runs sadly.  It is almost like I was over thinking what I needed to do and that is what caused my problems.
mikee002

mikee002 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 10:33:45 AM »

yea, I was definitely picking up the feet!  I'm thinking that I was maybe coming down "early" and causing a sudden stop (since my foot may be out in front of my body.  The other thought I had is that I may be pushing off too hard rather than picking up my foot and letting gravity pull me forward.  I definitely did have my normal shoes.  I was going out for 4 miles and just used the barefoot run as a bit of a warmup.

Thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: