BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
September 01, 2014, 02:36:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best VFF for natural runs?  (Read 553 times)
eirene

eirene is a new face.

View Profile
« on: December 11, 2012, 06:25:11 AM »

Hi y'all,

Now that there's an abundance of choice in the VFF's, I don't know which one to choose anymore! I had the VFF kso. Disadvantages: hard to put on (but thats not the most important issue for me), and I got blisters from the lining, especially on the upper foot, and I'd like to have the sole to have just a little more grip, without it getting thicker. Actually, i want the sole to be as thin as possible. I also own a pair of Feelmax panka's, I think, which have just 2 mm, and it makes a huge difference. Thats why they usually win, i miss the feeling of 'free' toes, but love the super minimalistic approach. Then, also I'd like to own a pair that is suitable for trek walking/mountains, I tried my kso's in the mountains, and although i loved it, the grip is terrible, specially on wet,slippery steep rocks and Ive notived with the minimalistic shoes that your feet may get tired and painful from walking long distances with a superthin sole.

For running I use the vibrams mostly on natural terrain, soft sandy trails, hard mud trails with stones, forest paths etc. Areas are quite flat here. So I'm looking out for a shoe thats preferably easier to fit on than the kso (high instep), has NO lining on the inside of the upper foot/toes or heel, no frictions (very sensitive for blisters) thin sole, but preferably more grip. And then I'd like to know which shoe you fantatics advice for walking treks Smiley. Complicating fact is that i have a size 35, and most models are not sold in that size/sold out. Sad

Thanks so much in advance!

Irene, Holland
BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
« on: December 11, 2012, 06:25:11 AM »

Belbe

Belbe is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 11:39:08 PM »

The most comphy ones i've tried were the Bikilas. I put them on with virtualy no hands (xcept to hold the heel), and I run and walk in them for hours on end without socks and never had a blister, from day one! They have a better grip on wet rocks than the trail shoes, but worse on wet grass and mud.
I like the grip of the spyridons overal, but they give me a blister on my foot arch, right where the footstrap gets sewn to the shoe. I solve it with socks, or you could try the LS version, because otherwise they are super thin and feel seamless inside. (note, they fit a few milimiters smaller than the bikilas, so try them first if you can).

I also hear the leather trek KSOs are a good option because they break in fast. The problem I see is the soles, they don't seem as grippy nor as flexible as the spyridons.
Jeepman

Jeepman is well known.Jeepman is well known.Jeepman is well known.Jeepman is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 09:02:16 PM »

Spyridon

Arch support?... We don't need no stinking arch support!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: