BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
July 29, 2014, 02:40:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12
  Print  
Author Topic: Bikila notes...  (Read 33511 times)
evansbrett87

evansbrett87 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: January 19, 2011, 02:40:46 AM »

Petro62, I have the sanger problem with my big toe (though I have kso's). Recommended solution is to focus on picking up instead of pushing off.

I am interested with those of you that have kso's, how are they compared to bakila's for running? Are they really that much better? I'm interested but hear some not so great things about them...thanks!
« Reply #150 on: January 19, 2011, 02:40:46 AM »

kcfoxie

kcfoxie is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 04, 2011, 04:31:49 PM »

Throwing in my first experience with the Bikilas...

I did 5.03 miles in them around our lake at work (3 laps). I've never done 3 laps without a break before, I'm not sure if that's just due to the bikilas or my endurance having picked up going into my 2nd year of running on a daily basis. I did 1.2mi on a treadmill this morning before the 5mi outside. I hate treadmills, always stumble on them even in KSOs. Conveyor-burn is no fun. However I felt very sure-footed today with the Bikilas. The extra rubber is right where I needed it. I couldn't resist and with 35F weather and rain, I did my 3 laps and wanted to do a 4th but I could hardly feel the insides of my legs from the cold. Should have worn the Underarmour shorts under the sweats. At any rate I felt really really good at the end of the 5 miles, I felt like I didn't work quite as hard. Going down hills was more sure-footed than any other pair of VFFs I've run in (KSOx2 and Classicsx1), going up hill I had a lot more traction that expected. I really like these shoes.

I've worn them all day, as I do with all new pairs of VFFs to break them in. They're going to come off tonight and I'll wear my new KSOs full time starting tomorrow, till about 1ish when it'll be near 58F and I'll hit the 6-mile lake trail by my house.

For the interested I log my runs using the android app "On The Move Lite" and then post to Dailymile (http://www.dailymile.com/people/ecodweeb/) using DailyMiler app.
HappyHiker

HappyHiker is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 12, 2011, 01:49:55 PM »

I run in my sprints in the summer and my bikilas in the winter fall, and I would say that if you are going to be in cold temperatures or snow that the bikilas are better, though summer and fall I prefer my sprints.

With a pair of ininji socks I find my feet stay warm as long as I keep moving and I run in everything in them(-30C/-22F) and in the snow they have pretty good traction compared to my KSOs that I use for office wear and day to day.  Ultimately it will come down to personal preference as I like the thinner sole and the greater ground feel in my sprints, but in the winter I need the extra warmth and traction.

Been wearing VFF for 6 years now, have worn out 4(two sprint, 2 KSOs) pairs currently have EL-X, Bikila, Komodo Sport and KSOs x 2.
Rick

Rick is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 07, 2011, 10:38:12 AM »

I have run in my new Bikila's 3 times now - all runs less than 4 miles. Still getting used to my first pair of VFFs. I love the feeling of strengthening my calf muscles and of the ground under my feet. I run on paved roads and a paved path with some crushed gravel. It is hard to not take these out on a longer run but I am trying to follow the advice I have gotten from the kind people here to go slow and break in my feet so I won't get hurt. I still run in my Frees for my longer runs...
As far as the Bikilas, I love them! They feel so good to just wear around the house and out on walks! I try to put them on right away when I get home. The fit is just right - I have had no blisters or sore spots yet. I definately feel the difference in my calves as I run and later when I am going up stairs, but as I said before I love that!

Rick
« Reply #153 on: June 07, 2011, 10:38:12 AM »

delucio

delucio is a regular 'round here.delucio is a regular 'round here.delucio is a regular 'round here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: June 07, 2011, 11:59:49 AM »

I have only ran in my Bikilas twice and I enjoy them. I may have to put some body glide or vasiline on my ankle because it rubs there sometimes. I got a super small blister from it. Only time will tell I guess. Should be getting some LS in the mail soon and I cant wait on those.

http://barefootdallas.blogspot.com

BaReFoOt  DaLlAs
tak555

tak555 is starting to look familiar.tak555 is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 10, 2011, 12:42:57 AM »

i've run in my bikila's a lot... and they're definitely starting to stink.  but i'm generally happy with them.  i'm thinking of either going speeds next or maybe soft star runamoc.  anyone have experience with ALL of these?

i stole this from member Ableobject... but it's cool:
....oooO..............
.....(....)...Oooo...
......)../.....(....)....
.....(_/.......)../.....
...............(_/.......
HappyHiker

HappyHiker is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 25, 2011, 11:07:19 AM »

I have switched to Komodos for summer running and recently did a half marathon in them. The feel very similar to my Bikilas but are much much cooler in the summer.

I still love my sprints though too.  If you really like your Bikilas for running though I would try the Komodos for summer.

Been wearing VFF for 6 years now, have worn out 4(two sprint, 2 KSOs) pairs currently have EL-X, Bikila, Komodo Sport and KSOs x 2.
mizchris93

mizchris93 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 30, 2011, 01:06:20 PM »

I got the Bikilas for running and then added the blue/yellow komodos because they were just so darn cute. Ended up using the komodos for running and find that I prefer them.
lynwoodsfinest

lynwoodsfinest is a new face.

4m/5 sets of Bench Press & Pull-ups/Ab Ripper X

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 05, 2011, 10:33:03 AM »

I've had my first pair of VFF's (Bikila) since Friday and I LOVE these things!!!! Had been having shin splints all week and immediately after i begin running in these i could tell the difference and it was great to feel my body change its running form. It makes you feel closer to nature and your body. I love feeling the ground and letting my feet truly support me.

On Friday i walked for 30 minutes and then ran a mile on the treadmill (couldn't resist trying). I felt great and I begin laughing as i was running! Sunday evening while the lady was running errands with her momz i took the dogs walking/jogging/running for about 3hrs in a nearby field and around my neighborhood. I felt great the whole time and even did some sprint work.

I'm 33 and a very active person. I run for 40min a day at the Downtown YMCA and hit the free weights for the remaining 20min during my lunch break each day. On weekends me and the family go hiking, swimming, running, etc. These VFF's are going to transform how my workouts feels and allow me to push it to another level. Looking forward to buying some Classics & KSO's as well.

Keep it up and happy running!!! Grin     (Oh and i have no soreness in my feet or legs!)

Christian/Family Man/Engineer/GMC Denali Driver/VFF Bikila Runner - 6'1":190Lbs
lynwoodsfinest

lynwoodsfinest is a new face.

4m/5 sets of Bench Press & Pull-ups/Ab Ripper X

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 06, 2011, 02:31:40 PM »

i JUST got back to the job from another lunch time gym run and i feel great. Ran for 45 minutes on the indoor track in my Bikila's and i feel AWESOME! Best thing since sliced bread! With my cardio back in full effect my healthy eating & weight training will work as they should. Feels good to be back! Smiley

Christian/Family Man/Engineer/GMC Denali Driver/VFF Bikila Runner - 6'1":190Lbs
Taterz

Taterz is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 31, 2011, 01:39:05 PM »

Having ran in multiple models (Kso, sprint, komodo and bikila) id say bikila is my favorite for road running. I like the extra plating on the bottom of my foot, whereas the kso platform is just a thin piece of rubber. really makes a difference after your first couple of miles. The komodo is more flexible than the bikila and the insole is nice, but you lose some of the barefoot feeling that makes minimalist running so fun. the komodos are strictly for the gym now
sramfl

sramfl is a new face.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: January 06, 2012, 12:32:00 AM »

Today was my first run in Bikilas while wearing Iinjinji socks...felt strange; tight while running. In the end, the run was good. Feet felt fine after the run.

Friend me on Dailymile
Rick

Rick is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 26, 2012, 03:21:05 PM »

I run in the cold with Bikilas and injinji socks - they are great until the temperature gets down to around 15F. When it is above 35F I can go without the socks.
The Yeti

The Yeti is starting to look familiar.The Yeti is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 22, 2012, 01:58:29 PM »

After about a year in my Bikilas, I have decided that I just can't use them. They are good, don't get me wrong. It's just that they don't fit my feet quite right, though they should. They aren't loose at all, and my toes can fully extend comfortably. I think my issue is with the heel construction. For whatever reason on my left heel it rubs against my Achilles in a way that causes a blister within two laps of the running track. Ive tried body glide but that doesn't stop the blistering. For the gym, Bikilas are waaay to hot when wearing even the thinnest injinji socks. My feet are soaked after a workout. It's a shame because I did like running in them on pavement and light trails, but after a year they still really bother my heel (only on my left foot, weird).

I'm looking at grabbing a pair of seeya's, and if I don't like how they feel then I'll go with the KSO's again. I had them before but they fell apart, and the running store I went to only had Bikilas left in my size, so I went for them. I really tried them, and feel bad that I can't use them. I'll stick with my Komodosports until I can get to Edmonton.

To err is human, to arr is pirate.
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 22, 2012, 02:45:18 PM »

After about a year in my Bikilas, I have decided that I just can't use them. They are good, don't get me wrong. It's just that they don't fit my feet quite right, though they should. They aren't loose at all, and my toes can fully extend comfortably. I think my issue is with the heel construction. For whatever reason on my left heel it rubs against my Achilles in a way that causes a blister within two laps of the running track. Ive tried body glide but that doesn't stop the blistering. For the gym, Bikilas are waaay to hot when wearing even the thinnest injinji socks. My feet are soaked after a workout. It's a shame because I did like running in them on pavement and light trails, but after a year they still really bother my heel (only on my left foot, weird).

I'm looking at grabbing a pair of seeya's, and if I don't like how they feel then I'll go with the KSO's again. I had them before but they fell apart, and the running store I went to only had Bikilas left in my size, so I went for them. I really tried them, and feel bad that I can't use them. I'll stick with my Komodosports until I can get to Edmonton.

Have you ever given any thought to the Speeds for your workout shoes?  I find them comfortable in the heel, same Bikila tread, and a little more breathable due to the mesh upper.  It is worth a shot.

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12
  Print  

Jump to: