BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
September 02, 2014, 05:09:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Interesting article on BFR & VFFS in this month's Runner's World Magazine  (Read 730 times)
Olarte

Olarte is a new face.

View Profile WWW
« on: October 14, 2010, 11:50:40 AM »

I guess with the big boys (ie. New Balance, NIke) getting on the minimalist shoe wagon... I guess I'm not surprised that Runner's world actually did a full article on
minimalist shoes and in particular VFFs

As a subscriber to the magazine I was pleasantly surprised to see such an article at all, and I did an online search just in case and found that they posted it on line.

So for your benefit here is  the Interesting article on BFR & VFFS in this month's Runner's World Magazine .

http://runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-240-400--13691-0,00.html

Instead of anticipating the goal, learn to enjoy the Journey for this is where we spend 99.9% of our time.

The Journey is  the reward...
« on: October 14, 2010, 11:50:40 AM »

FL Runner

FL Runner is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 01:26:21 PM »

Interesting read.... but now I can't wait to get home to see if my edtion has hit the mailbox!! :-)

"I just felt like running." - Forrest Gump
Opportunity is often passed up because it is disguised as hard work.
taylordmd

taylordmd is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 05:39:57 PM »

I found this one quite well balanced, I'm glad to have one to recommend to my friends to let them make their own informed decisions about what shoes to wear.
Rana
Global Moderator
Superstar

Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 06:44:34 PM »

Good piece.  The only bit I'd quibble with is the idea that it's inexperienced non-runners who are at most risk running in minimalist shoes - from what we've seen here, such new runners don't have as many bad habits to unlearn, and their relative lack of conditioning forces a slower (and thus less injury-prone) transition. 

I did love this line:  "FiveFingers, which make you look positively simian while actually being quite evolved,"

All an octopus needs to trap a human is a door with three knobs.

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/56809170@N00/sets/72157622338419245/
Gallery: http://sungazer.zenfolio.com
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 06:44:34 PM »

Barefootin Family

Barefootin Family is starting to look familiar.Barefootin Family is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 09:12:34 AM »

Good piece.  The only bit I'd quibble with is the idea that it's inexperienced non-runners who are at most risk running in minimalist shoes - from what we've seen here, such new runners don't have as many bad habits to unlearn, and their relative lack of conditioning forces a slower (and thus less injury-prone) transition. 

I did love this line:  "FiveFingers, which make you look positively simian while actually being quite evolved,"

I am actually a newbie to running, and I started to run after I got my VFF's. I did a bunch of research on barefoot running and have been easing myself in. I have to agree with you Rana. I am definately taking it slower than an experienced runner would. I get some pain, but I am loving wearing my VFF's.

Be free.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: