BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
December 22, 2014, 01:06:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Poll
Question: how about my form?
... - 0 (0%)
...... - 1 (100%)
Total Voters: 1

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ++Is this correct pose method?++  (Read 640 times)
9din

9din is a new face.

View Profile
« on: March 13, 2012, 12:40:48 AM »

Pose running

I not sure about my running form, please give me some advice.
thank you.

Smiley
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 12:49:18 AM by 9din » Logged
« on: March 13, 2012, 12:40:48 AM »

PB Junkie

PB Junkie is starting to look familiar.PB Junkie is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 12:30:08 PM »

It looks pretty good to me. But you should probably post it at BRS also as I think there are more runners that could give you a good opinion there.

http://www.thebarefootrunners.org/threads/gait-analysis-videos-post-here.3178/

VFFs: KSO W40, Treksport W40, Bikila W40, Jaya LR W41, Komodosport LS W40, KSO Trek W40, Spyridon LS W40, Bikila LS W40
Other:Merrell Trail Glove M 7.5, Merrell Sonic Glove M 7.5, VB Neo W41, VB Off Road Hi W41, Merrell Delight W9, VB Breatho Trail W40, Runamoc Dash U9, Merrell Road Glove M7.5
PatrickGSR94

PatrickGSR94 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 02:32:42 PM »

It would be a lot easier to make a good analysis if the camera was level with the floor. Why the angle? Going for that classic Batman TV show feel?  Tongue

Barefooting since May 2011.  VFF'ing in Komodosport LS in cold weather since October 2011.
Jeepman

Jeepman is well known.Jeepman is well known.Jeepman is well known.Jeepman is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 03:35:21 PM »

No. However, its not all bad. Your point of support is fairly good and you're not over striding. Your posture looks good and you are not bending at the waist - all good things. What I do see is your pull is late and this allows your trailing foot to lag behind too much. To help fix this you should focus on pulling the ankle under the hip (not talking about height, but location). This will result in higher knee lift which will increase your glide time and improve your efficiency. You should be pulling the instant you feel the load on your support foot begin to lighten - you want to be able to fall forward. At first this might feel like you are pulling too soon, but with muscle memory retraining it will become very natural. Additionally, make sure you are not actively performing a knee lift with your front hip flexor. The knee should raise passively due to your hamstring pulling the ankle under your hip. Another thing I see is you are bobbing up and down way too much. I believe some of this will go away once you get your pull correct and incorporate a little bit more knee bend. I also noticed that you pull later with your left leg than your right leg. This isn't that uncommon, so I would not concern myself with it until the other things are addressed.

Arch support?... We don't need no stinking arch support!
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 03:35:21 PM »

9din

9din is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 12:18:36 AM »

thank you for all comment, especially Mr.jeepman, your advice was very helpful to me. Smiley
i will change my form and post the video later....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: