BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
September 02, 2014, 12:37:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Personal Records - Barefoot, Huaraches, VFFs  (Read 17133 times)
Rana
Global Moderator
Superstar

Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

View Profile
« on: June 26, 2010, 08:12:40 PM »

If you would like to share your personal best race times, here's a thread for you!

Please indicate your time, the distance, and what was (or was not) on your feet.  If your race has a name, you might add that too, along with other relevant info. 

(Let's keep this thread focused on the stats side of things; there are other threads for chatting about the experience of running and racing itself.)

All an octopus needs to trap a human is a door with three knobs.

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/56809170@N00/sets/72157622338419245/
Gallery: http://sungazer.zenfolio.com
« on: June 26, 2010, 08:12:40 PM »

teameldo

teameldo is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 11:33:00 AM »

5k: 16:05 Vibram Sprints, Culver City 5k 6/20/2010
      16:42 Barefoot, Manhattan Beach 5k 5/29/10

10k:  37:09 Vibram Sprints,  Redondo Beach Superbowl 10k  2/07/2010
         32:43 Luna Sandals,  Manhattan Beach 10k  10/02/10

1/2 Marathon:  1:15:38 Luna Sandals, San Diego America's finest city Half Marathon 8/15/10

Marathon:  2:37:14 Vibram Sprints, Palos Verdes Marathon, 6/15/2010

50K:  3:55:01 Vibram Treks, Cerritos, Orange Curtain 2/20/10

www.bourbonfeet.com

50M: 8:20:58  Vibram Treks,  Leona Divide 4/17/10
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 10:27:24 AM by teameldo » Logged
Ardent

Ardent is making a name for themselves.Ardent is making a name for themselves.Ardent is making a name for themselves.Ardent is making a name for themselves.Ardent is making a name for themselves.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 02:20:25 PM »

Sorry Rana

But gotta give a hat tip to anyone that does a 2.37 marathon.

Jason Doffs cap.

Rana
Global Moderator
Superstar

Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 02:45:18 PM »

I think a few congrats would be okay.  Wink

All an octopus needs to trap a human is a door with three knobs.

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/56809170@N00/sets/72157622338419245/
Gallery: http://sungazer.zenfolio.com
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 02:45:18 PM »

toastergirl

toastergirl is a regular 'round here.toastergirl is a regular 'round here.toastergirl is a regular 'round here.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 08:54:37 AM »

yeah -- I tip my hat to anyone winning a marahton!! Impressive!  Shocked

Tough act to follow...but here are my latest results:

10K - first one in VFFs (Revolutionary Run, Washington Crossing PA; July 4th)
53:06 (8:33/mi)
AG place: 16/65 (W30-39)
Gender Place: 55/248

(PR for a sho'd 10K = 51:19; 8:15/mi)

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame sombody else" --Pre
toastergirl

toastergirl is a regular 'round here.toastergirl is a regular 'round here.toastergirl is a regular 'round here.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 04:52:52 PM »

Not a time PR for me at a 5K this morning -- but a PR for my best OA female finish in a 5K!! 

I was the first OA female. Time: 26:35ish - distance 3.2 miles (course was long).  Hey - it wasn't a big race, local - they hold about 4-5 races of the 5K distance here at the arsenal where I work.  Its only open to employees...but I'll take a win where I can get it! Smiley

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame sombody else" --Pre
balsam0

balsam0 is starting to look familiar.balsam0 is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 01:01:04 PM »

Miami Township Father's Day 5K - 25:25 3rd place in age group - Bikila
toastergirl

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2010, 09:28:58 AM »

5K in the Team Mossman sprint distance triathlon.  Time between 24:09-25:09 (see VFF running thread for details); run split of 25:09 includes T2 time.  Either way a PR for me, sho'd or VFFs for a 5K in a triathlon! A PR for a VFF 5K distance run too. 

kuo34

kuo34 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 08:37:28 AM »

It's been a week in my VFF KSOs.  Day 1 I did 1.6ish miles with a walking break in the middle.  My calves killed me and it was totally alien to me.  Day 3 I figured out how to listen to my body with a 1.5 mile.  Day 5 I picked up another 1.5 miles (it's a big circuit around my neighborhood with 5 huge hills), this time without the hot spots I'd had on the first two days (on the instep between the peak of my arch and the ball of my foot on both sides).  Day 6 I did at the peak of heat for the day, 98 degrees outside and who knows how hot over the asphalt, 3 miles.  The first half I did without stopping.  The second half I walked the two longest hills as they provided good shade and helped me cool down dramatically.

Overall my calves have taken the toll of most of the running.  I thought my feet might develop blisters on the first two runs, but I rarely develop blisters - your experience may vary.  I'm happy that my legs and back are no where as beat up from running in the KSOs as they were in my old running shoes.  My knees and lower back are especially happy.  Now it's just sore muscles and not joint/back pain that takes me out of running for a week or more.  I'll be training up for a 10 k in another 7 weeks, so planning on adding a mile per week until I get there.

Off to take a little jog before the house wakes up.
LowNSlow

LowNSlow is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2010, 10:02:06 AM »

Just finished a 5K in my Bikilas. Looked like I was the only one out there with VFFs. I got a few comments and questions.
Anyhoo, chip time was 31:17. My official personal best at the moment. I'm not a fast runner hence my screen name.  Wink
tsarter

tsarter is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2010, 12:09:31 PM »

Well, I'm a slow, non-competitive runner, but I love long trail runs.  Just finished a 15 mile run up in Desolation Wilderness near Lake Tahoe.  Super rough terrain and a lot of climbing.  Was the furthest into the wilderness I'd taken my KSO Treks!
inbetweenmytoes

inbetweenmytoes is a new face.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2010, 10:06:18 PM »

I finally decided to go barefoot for a race a week ago. I surprised myself with a 7:22 min/mile pace, my fastest race pace to date.
South Weber, UT 10 k.

Nathan
inbetweenmytoes.com

"Your possessions should set you free like a boat or a pair of hiking boots. If you work for your possessions and they don't set you free, what are you working for?"  Billy Harris
I know... replace hiking boots w/ VFF
Ardent

Ardent is making a name for themselves.Ardent is making a name for themselves.Ardent is making a name for themselves.Ardent is making a name for themselves.Ardent is making a name for themselves.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2010, 05:09:05 PM »

First mile barefoot. 9:30 pace. Nice.

toastergirl

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2010, 08:51:26 AM »

First mile barefoot. 9:30 pace. Nice.

kudos Ardent!

Ardent

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2010, 09:15:43 AM »

Toastergirl

have only done it once but want more. can see this being addictive.

J

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: