BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
September 01, 2014, 03:37:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Proper running posture / style?  (Read 1061 times)
dan81

dan81 is a new face.

View Profile
« on: April 17, 2012, 06:48:44 PM »

Dear all,

I have been running in my Bikilas for close to a year and i have spent some time "reviewing" the wear out rate.

Based on the shoes, i have 2 areas that wears out the fastest, namely (1) toes portion (in particular from 2nd till last toe) and (2) heel portion.

Would have posted the pictures here, if not for the fact that I cant seems to get it done. At least this makes it easier for u to understand what I mean.

Therefore, with the mentioned wear out areas, am i considered to be running correctly? Or i have gotten my basics wrong big time?

Appreciate yr advice / reply.

Thanks and regard.
« on: April 17, 2012, 06:48:44 PM »

nowster

nowster is starting to look familiar.nowster is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 08:00:37 PM »

An uneducated guess would be that you're heel striking and pushing off with the toes.

VFF: M46: Classic, KSO x4, Trek x3, Trek LS, Treksport x2, KMDSport, EL-X, Bikila LS, Spyridon MR, Flow, Signa, Speed, Sprint (fake?), KSO EVO;
       M47: Speed, Classic (too big)
Non-VFF: 46 Merrell Tough Glove, 47 VB Synth Hiker
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 03:59:23 PM »

Dear all,

I have been running in my Bikilas for close to a year and i have spent some time "reviewing" the wear out rate.

Based on the shoes, i have 2 areas that wears out the fastest, namely (1) toes portion (in particular from 2nd till last toe) and (2) heel portion.

Would have posted the pictures here, if not for the fact that I cant seems to get it done. At least this makes it easier for u to understand what I mean.

Therefore, with the mentioned wear out areas, am i considered to be running correctly? Or i have gotten my basics wrong big time?

Appreciate yr advice / reply.

Thanks and regard.

Go to a photo uploading site, I prefer imageshack, and upload your photos.  You will then be provided with a forum code to paste into the body of the messages you are posting in the forums.

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
dan81

dan81 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 09:50:11 PM »

Finally managed to get the photos uploaded.

Appreciate if advice can be given. Personally, i think im running the wrong way, despite doing so for a year. So need advice from here.

Top portion:

Mid Portion:

Botton Portion:
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 09:50:11 PM »

paulr

paulr is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 05:28:56 AM »

An uneducated guess would be that you're heel striking and pushing off with the toes.

Looking at the photos I would say that you were spot on, though Im intruiged as to why the big toe area doesnt show as much wear  Huh
Jeepman

Jeepman is well known.Jeepman is well known.Jeepman is well known.Jeepman is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 12:33:08 PM »

That looks more like toe drag than push off to me. I see this a lot with people that leave their trail leg lagging behind. As the trail leg moves forward and plants on the ground the toes scrape. People that pull their foot from the ground and keep it tucked more centered under their hip scrape their toes less. This is because the foot is not moving forward, but is dropped more straight down. I'm unconcerned with the heel wear. That looks like normal wear from walking a little bit in your Bikilas.

Arch support?... We don't need no stinking arch support!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: