BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
August 01, 2014, 11:53:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: SeeYa feedback...  (Read 3766 times)
marley mission
The People's Champ
Global Moderator

marley mission is making a name for themselves.marley mission is making a name for themselves.marley mission is making a name for themselves.marley mission is making a name for themselves.marley mission is making a name for themselves.

use the wobble board

View Profile
« on: July 07, 2012, 03:24:13 AM »

looking into grabbin a pair of the SeeYa's
i have kso's, classics, treks, and a pair of bikilas
as well as several vivo pairs

now - my go to runner at this moment is the bikila
and i love going sockless

so i am looking for some general feedback
as to what to expect from the seeya as compared to the bikilas
and also  - how well can you run sockless
also pt 2 - i am a 46 in all other forms
would that hold true for the seeya's?

tanks
jason

« on: July 07, 2012, 03:24:13 AM »

dirkverelst

dirkverelst is well known.dirkverelst is well known.dirkverelst is well known.dirkverelst is well known.

Healing our environment with orgonite.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 03:53:08 AM »

I don`t own Seeya`s, but will tell you what I`ve understood from reading other people`s accounts...

Apparently they are a good pair of running shoes, very thin and lightweight, good for running on pavement with a great barefoot feeling.
Wearing them casually, some people have complained about the less then ideal lateral traction of the sole, though.
The fabric is very thin and stretchy, a bit too stretchy it seems, waiting for the lace version appears to be a good idea.

marley mission
The People's Champ
Global Moderator

marley mission is making a name for themselves.marley mission is making a name for themselves.marley mission is making a name for themselves.marley mission is making a name for themselves.marley mission is making a name for themselves.

use the wobble board

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 02:33:57 PM »

so i dont need socks with these right - do they have a bikila like liner?
i love running sockless and i know my kso's i couldnt without rub blisters
bikilas yes no problem
my classics i dont wear socks but i dont run in them either

UpNorth

UpNorth is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 10:10:51 PM »

I love my SeeYas. They are my go-to not-winter road running shoe.  Straight out of the box, I did get a small blister along my achilles. But once you've run in them a few times, they soften up and are great sockless. (Just use a little glide for the first couple  runs and I'll bet you avoid any problems. I like the feel of my SeeYas sockless better than my other VFFs, including the bikilas. (the bikilas feel too thick to me.)

I currently own three pairs.  I leave one at work for lunch time runs, one at home for running, and one extra for casual wear.   I know they feel too loose for some people but I have no problems with the fit or feel.   If you can, try them on before you buy so you can judge whether you might be better served by waiting for the LS version.

In terms of sizing, my SeeYas are the same size as my bikilas, treks, KSOs, komodos LS, and classics. (I'm one of the few who doesn't size up for classics. I do for sprints.)

And belated welcome back!

Laura
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 10:10:51 PM »

marley mission
The People's Champ
Global Moderator

use the wobble board

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 03:21:44 AM »

cool thanks on all accounts
i'm thinking i'm gonna grab a pair
not much color choice from what i can tell
leaning towards the gray / blue (remind me of my first pair of vibes - the blue camo kso)

marley mission
The People's Champ
Global Moderator

use the wobble board

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 04:08:56 PM »

ordered a pair of seeyas Smiley
feeling sore after 15 miler yesterday
but a good sore

dirkverelst

dirkverelst is well known.dirkverelst is well known.dirkverelst is well known.dirkverelst is well known.

Healing our environment with orgonite.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012, 04:53:53 PM »

let us know how you like them
UpNorth

UpNorth is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 11:52:35 PM »

feeling sore after 15 miler yesterday
but a good sore

Good for you on all counts!  As Dirk said, keep us posted.

Laura
Nugget

Nugget is a new face.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 01:18:19 AM »

Start off conservatively -- many (myself included) have found that the Seeya upper strap rubs badly when running.  I can't run in them without socks or without getting a terrible blister on the inside of my foot.

I'm back to my Bikilas for running until they come out with Seeya LS shoes.

Find me on RunKeeper - I own eight pairs of VFF in seven different styles - I'm hooked
UpNorth

UpNorth is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2012, 02:42:44 AM »

That's a good caution. FWIW I don't tighten the strap at all on my SeeYas. It's closed but that's about it.  I take the same  asic approach with my KSOs and treks.  I've had the dreaded arch blister from having the strap too tight when I first got my KSOs. 

Laura
Lyonel

Lyonel is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2012, 03:03:26 AM »

Start off conservatively -- many (myself included) have found that the Seeya upper strap rubs badly when running.  I can't run in them without socks or without getting a terrible blister on the inside of my foot.

I'm back to my Bikilas for running until they come out with Seeya LS shoes.

What is your footshape?
I got wide feet and don't have problems with the strap, as a matter of fact, the strap doesn't do anything for me. If I tighten the strap it doesn't feel more secure.

Bikila - Bikila LS (2x) - Bormio - Classic (2x) - Komodosport - Komodosport LS - KSO Trek (retired) - KSO Treksport - Trek LS (2x) - Seeya - Sorrento - Speed - Spyridon LS - KSO Remix - ElX

Adipure Lace Trainer-Original Luna ATS laces-LEMS Boulder Boot
Ziggy

Ziggy is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2012, 09:31:15 PM »

Vibram recently realesed photos of there new SeeYa LS. Maybe you want to return them and wait forthe LS version? Just a thought.

TrekSports, Sprints, Hattori
marley mission
The People's Champ
Global Moderator

use the wobble board

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2012, 07:34:51 AM »

what is the diff in the LS version?

vffjeeper04

vffjeeper04 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2012, 07:42:04 AM »

Usea the lacing system like the bikila and komodo sports ls.

VFF's: M42 Classics (Walnut/Brown), M41 Flows (Black), M41 Speeds (Black and white), M41 KSO Treks (Black)
Non VFF's: Barefeet, NB Minimus MB10, Inov8 Evoskin M (Smoke)
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2012, 11:10:51 AM »

what is the diff in the LS version?

From the See-Ya LS pictures that I saw on Facebook, I believe the lacing system is like the Speeds and not the Bikila LS and KomodoSport LS.  There have been a lot of complaints about slipping and rubbing in the traditional lace less See-Ya, which supposedly has been addressed/rectified in the LS version. 

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: