BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
July 31, 2014, 03:36:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: SeeYa feedback...  (Read 3765 times)
marley mission
The People's Champ
Global Moderator

marley mission is making a name for themselves.marley mission is making a name for themselves.marley mission is making a name for themselves.marley mission is making a name for themselves.marley mission is making a name for themselves.

use the wobble board

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2012, 12:05:53 PM »

haha - they are on my feet as we speak - props to kayakshed for lightning delivery
they feel great folks
walked with one bik and one seeya on
def discernible ground feel difference

supposed to be an off day for running - but.... Roll Eyes

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2012, 12:05:53 PM »

Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2012, 12:35:55 PM »

what is the diff in the LS version?

From the See-Ya LS pictures that I saw on Facebook, I believe the lacing system is like the Speeds and not the Bikila LS and KomodoSport LS.  There have been a lot of complaints about slipping and rubbing in the traditional lace less See-Ya, which supposedly has been addressed/rectified in the LS version. 

http://birthdayshoes.com/laced-seeya-ls-vibram-fivefingers

http://birthdayshoes.com/laced-seeya-ls-vibram-fivefingers-for-fall-2012

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
marley mission
The People's Champ
Global Moderator

marley mission is making a name for themselves.marley mission is making a name for themselves.marley mission is making a name for themselves.marley mission is making a name for themselves.marley mission is making a name for themselves.

use the wobble board

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2012, 04:43:10 PM »

little 4 miler in the seeyas - felt very nice - fit me as well as any other vibes i have including the biks

too bad the chicks get all the cool color schemes on vibes - anyone else feel me on that one Undecided

UpNorth

UpNorth is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2012, 08:56:10 PM »

Good for you on the test drive.  As a tall woman with proportionally sized feet, I too lament the somewhat boring options for the men's LS SeeYas. But I have the flashy black and yellow ones, so perhaps it's not a concern that i cant get the  yummy orange LS ones.  I also rationalize that since I love the regular SeeYas I have, I really dont need to the LS  version.   

Laura
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2012, 08:56:10 PM »

climbingbubba

climbingbubba is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2012, 11:37:14 AM »

I have some KSO's, Bikila LS's, and now the SeeYa's.  I don't even wear the Bikila's anymore.  I find the SeeYa's perfect for my shorter runs (up to 4 miles so far) and I even wear them to the gym where I typically do crossfit/circuit training workouts and they seem to work great.  I was worried they would be too loose but I do box jumps and such with no issues.   I don't have any rubbing issues either from running but I don't tighten the strap at all.  They feel fairly loose and sloppy until I start to run in them and then I don't feel any problems.

My KSO's have been demoted to yard work or occasional gym duties only.  I helped roof my friends garage the other day and he is using this plastic/rubber weive stuff and it was raining and everyone else was slipping but mine stuck like glue. 

I don't see any reason to switch to the LS down the road.  I dont like the LS versions since they are made of less flexible material on the uppers to support the laces.  I feel like they don't bend and stretch as naturally as the non-ls versions.  Just me though
marley mission
The People's Champ
Global Moderator

use the wobble board

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2012, 06:19:58 PM »

yeah i have nothing negative to say on my seeyas thus far
i was a big kso fan
liked the biks better

but these seeyas remind me of the first time i went from sneakers to vibes
i am digging the feel so much

just trying to take my rest days (believe it or not this is hard for me Smiley )
so i can avoid any overuse issues

Peter

Peter is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2012, 12:25:03 PM »

They feel fairly loose and sloppy until I start to run in them and then I don't feel any problems.

I had that same thought.  They really are designed for just running forward.  With twisting and turning and lateral movement, they can feel a little sloppy. 
marley mission
The People's Champ
Global Moderator

use the wobble board

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2012, 07:27:24 PM »

err - uh - got a 2nd pair Cool Embarrassed

manny_deleon

manny_deleon is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2012, 09:43:42 AM »

so i dont need socks with these right - do they have a bikila like liner?
i love running sockless and i know my kso's i couldnt without rub blisters
bikilas yes no problem
my classics i dont wear socks but i dont run in them either

My concern as well, I run in Speeds w/out socks too.  I got an extra pair for around town everyday living.
UpNorth

UpNorth is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2012, 05:09:57 PM »

err - uh - got a 2nd pair Cool Embarrassed

Welcome to my world. Smiley
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 05:12:37 PM by UpNorth » Logged

Laura
marley mission
The People's Champ
Global Moderator

use the wobble board

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2012, 03:48:38 AM »

to me the seeya's represent totally what i look for - that awesome ground feel - now - i just ordered my first pair of huaraches from invisible shoes so i am curious as to how they will compare

also in immediate competition will be the el x coming out

i think that the minimalist world has so many choices now for folks and thats so cool - something for everyone ya know

marley mission
The People's Champ
Global Moderator

use the wobble board

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2012, 03:43:41 PM »

so i got my huaraches and i dig em - but i think i prefer my seeyas for running - the main reason is that i get better ground feedback in the seeyas - i like the huaraches though and can see using them quite a bit for kicking around doing anything - i will be giving them some more 'runs' however but for now i think the seeyas perform so well as my running shoe i couldnt imagine the huaraches kncoking them from the rotation

JustinB

JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2012, 01:38:39 PM »

Just got my pair from Eastern Mountain Sports yesterday, put them on and fell in love.  They are fantastically light and comfortable.  I also really dig the fact that they practically glow in the dark.  My legs are sore from 6 softball games and a run this weekend, but I can't fight the desire to take them for a spin tonight.

42 Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, 43 Black Classic, 44 Black Moc, 43 Black/White Speed,43 Grey/Green Bikila LS, 43 Black/Day Glow SeeYa
44 Black/White Vivobarefoot Neo, 43 Black Vivobarefoot Ra
MCvet

MCvet is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2012, 06:44:26 PM »

well, I am 6'1 248 and started running a few months back and ran 4 miles in bikilas and then a kneeboard reminded my how old i am.... Started running last week in the rain (i love running in the rain).  I ran 3 miles in bikilas last week, 4 in seeyas too. Yesterday some very big stress was added to my life and i got in my seeyas and ran until exhaustion.  I ran 10 miles. And no side effects except maybe i had the straps a little too tight as my feet are a little sore there.  I have not run 10 miles in 18 years.

i like the seeyas best for running so far.

Trek LS Brown 45... Speed black/white 46... Flow black 45... KSO REMIX 45... Bikila white/red 45... KSO trek brown 45... Komodo yellow 45... 1 Black and 1 Brown bormio's 45... Green Spyridon 45...  Yellow/Blk SeeYa 45
Belbe

Belbe is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2013, 07:51:52 PM »

my pair finally arrived!!!

only had time to go walk the dog around the block, some 20mins of fast walk.
don't seem like they'll rub anywhere, very light and easy to slip the foot on.
Thick enough to walk over rocks... I'd dare run as well, but only if at a very short, flat pace.
Did a shortcut down a large grass ramp! was wet and lumpy but no slipage! mainly cos they're so flexible I can actually "grab" the ground with my foot.
and the cooles thing: they are soooooooo snug against the foot that I was able to "ninja walk" the whole block. Even the dogs only heard me when I was 5 feet from them. smooooooooth! =D
will test them running 4k tomorow mornin. =D
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: