BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
September 03, 2014, 03:00:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: The worst running form advice ever...  (Read 2382 times)
Horse Rider

Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.

Life without animals is not worth living

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2012, 09:35:55 PM »

I only watched a quarter of it and wanted to puke, who is this idiot?

Treksport Pink
Bikila Silver/Verde,LS Purple
Flow Black
Sprint Black,Slate/Palmx2,Fuschia,Blue/Aqua
Classic Stormy Sea,Chili,Grey/Orange,Mauvex2,Lilac,Khaki,Suomy,Yellow/Grey,Sand/Dusty Blue,SW Charcoal
Alitza Grey/Rose
Spyridon LS
Stems,Lems,EvoII,Off Rd Hi,Boxing Boot,Lucy Lite,Konvinesx2
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2012, 09:35:55 PM »

Jeepman

Jeepman is well known.Jeepman is well known.Jeepman is well known.Jeepman is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2012, 10:32:31 PM »

Come on now. You're holding back. Please tell us how you really feel.  Grin

Arch support?... We don't need no stinking arch support!
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2012, 11:07:29 AM »

I just tried to watch it but the video has been removed.  Maybe the poster had an epiphany, or they just got tired of all the negative comments.

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
paulr

paulr is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2012, 12:06:52 PM »

?? - the first vid worked for me just now.  Maybe you should try again as learning to heel strike properly is not something you should miss...  Wink Wink  Grin
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2012, 12:06:52 PM »

Horse Rider

Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.

Life without animals is not worth living

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2012, 12:41:55 PM »

Come on now. You're holding back. Please tell us how you really feel.  Grin

Cheesy

Treksport Pink
Bikila Silver/Verde,LS Purple
Flow Black
Sprint Black,Slate/Palmx2,Fuschia,Blue/Aqua
Classic Stormy Sea,Chili,Grey/Orange,Mauvex2,Lilac,Khaki,Suomy,Yellow/Grey,Sand/Dusty Blue,SW Charcoal
Alitza Grey/Rose
Spyridon LS
Stems,Lems,EvoII,Off Rd Hi,Boxing Boot,Lucy Lite,Konvinesx2
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2012, 01:17:36 PM »

I found another bit of bad advice on YouTube today. Some of the things this guy says are just unbelievable.

Vibrams 5 fingers VFF + barefoot running vs proper running shoes. Durianriders experience. #190

I was referring to this one as the link that did not work or has been removed.

Twist

Twist is a new face.

Ars celare verum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2012, 01:31:43 PM »

Be glad it did not work for you. It is very bad. Luckily not too many people have watched it so the damage may be minimal.
paulr

paulr is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2012, 01:35:39 PM »

I found another bit of bad advice on YouTube today. Some of the things this guy says are just unbelievable.

Vibrams 5 fingers VFF + barefoot running vs proper running shoes. Durianriders experience. #190

I was referring to this one as the link that did not work or has been removed.

Thats working too - but its more an advert for Brooks - I think he may be sponsored by them.  According to the Aussie wisdom (now theres 2 words you dont see together very often  Wink ) its not possible to run fast in Vibrams, but it is in Brooks....
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2012, 02:07:53 PM »

I continually get "The video is currently unavailable".  Oh well.  From what it sounds like, I am not missing much.

chronin

chronin is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2012, 02:14:12 PM »

Her advice would be terrible for barefoot or minimalist running but how about in a traditional shoe? I thought traditional shoes have a raised heel and thick padded sole to encourage heel to toe? Was she talking about barefoot running or traditional here?

KSO - Black M40
KSO Trek - Brown M40
Bormio - Brown M40
Bormio - Black M40
Spyridon - Military Green/Grey/Black M41
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2012, 03:52:16 PM »

I continually get "The video is currently unavailable".  Oh well.  From what it sounds like, I am not missing much.

Some sort of plug in was missing.  I got it working now.  I am starting to watch it.  I have one questions, int he beginning when he is holding up the Vibram, is that birdshit on it?

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: