BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
July 24, 2014, 12:45:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: totally barefoot  (Read 582 times)
vfftriathlete

vfftriathlete is starting to look familiar.vfftriathlete is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2010, 08:35:47 AM »

Opened my naked feet mileage today with my first ever naked feet run, have done several 5k's in the kso's but never gone totally bare. Did 3 miles all together round a park mix of grass gravel and earth/forest. Took a friend who has never run barefoot either, we past another runner in foot coffins asked wheres your shoes, we politley told her barefoot is the way to go and it was part of our training. Anyway feet feel fine apart from a blister on each a 10p sized one on the bottom of the left foot and a slightly smaller one on the right hand edge of the right foot so guess form still needs work.
« on: August 10, 2010, 08:35:47 AM »

balsam0

balsam0 is starting to look familiar.balsam0 is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 09:11:35 AM »

Might need to toughen up the feet as well.  Running barefoot is more about realizing how far is too far and stopping before the blisters form.  I have the same problem as I try and push past the pain and keep moving.  There is a sensation that usually is an indicator it is time to stop and that is a burning sensation in the feet.  Once the feet start to feel hot it is probably time to put on shoes and head home.
vfftriathlete

vfftriathlete is starting to look familiar.vfftriathlete is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 09:18:04 AM »

We have decided that once these blisters settle down then our next run will be all on tarmac around a route we know better and know its distance
Ardent

Ardent is making a name for themselves.Ardent is making a name for themselves.Ardent is making a name for themselves.Ardent is making a name for themselves.Ardent is making a name for themselves.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 03:54:34 PM »

Opened up my "totally" barefoot account last week with a mile. I was well chuffed.

Lost nothing in the pace either. Bonus!

Jason

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 03:54:34 PM »

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: