BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
October 30, 2014, 02:57:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Unexpected Guilty Pleasures!!  (Read 3447 times)
meriellyn

meriellyn is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2010, 10:47:33 PM »

Yes! The first day I wore my VFFs out and about I encountered the bumpies and realized how cool they are. Now I tend to go out of my way to walk across different textures whenever I can, whereas before I tried to stay on the smoothest areas possible. I just thought of them as something to trip on before (I'm clumsy as all get out) but now the bumpies are definitely something I enjoy. Hilarious.
Minimalist shoes really do open up a whole new world of tactile sensations.

I don't know about icky public bathrooms, but I do often feel like I'm "getting away with something" when walking in certain areas nearly-barefoot. I've always been a sandals wearer but this is a whole different thing.
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2010, 10:47:33 PM »

Griffin

Griffin is a new face.

The Convert

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2010, 01:34:20 AM »

Or how about, scis30 and fingerhunter, when you walk through something sticky, and you can feel it, and you know you are walking through it, but you don't feel like throwing up because all the sticky germs are on you. Ah, I did that at the hockey game I went to. Spilled beer... very sticky.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 02:02:44 AM by Griffin » Logged

barefoot by choice, runner by evolution.
fingerhunter

fingerhunter is a new face.

Motivated not Dominated

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2010, 03:34:44 AM »

LOL...Yeah I'm not afraid of the "unknown substance" in the parking lot anymore.  Especially since I can wash my shoes now.

Give me Speeds! Give me Speeds!.........1 Pair Gray/Palm KSO, 1 Pair Blk/Gray Camo KSO  

I would rather not fight but I am not afraid to finish one
delucio

delucio is a regular 'round here.delucio is a regular 'round here.delucio is a regular 'round here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2010, 09:11:51 PM »

Bumpy thingies are great.  Grin In downtown there are some old brick sidewalks those are always fun to walk on. I still try to avoid sticky substances when I am walking around the parking lot. I like the feeling of my gas pedal, I feel like I have more control of the throttle than when I used bulky shoes or flip flops.

http://barefootdallas.blogspot.com

BaReFoOt  DaLlAs
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2010, 09:11:51 PM »

skye97

skye97 is starting to look familiar.skye97 is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2010, 03:29:07 AM »

I'm glad I'm not the only one!  While waiting at a cross walk I'll stand and rock my feet back and forth on the bumps.  I'm sure I look deranged, but I don't care - it's a free foot massage. Smiley
karyllynne

karyllynne is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2010, 03:04:03 PM »

The 5K I did yesterday had a pretty good stretch on brick pathways -- really fun to run on!

KL, in King George, Virginia
thehumanrunner

thehumanrunner is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2010, 01:20:26 PM »

Mowing the lawn is my guilty pleasure.
Griffin

Griffin is a new face.

The Convert

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2010, 10:37:27 AM »

I'm glad I'm not the only one!  While waiting at a cross walk I'll stand and rock my feet back and forth on the bumps.  I'm sure I look deranged, but I don't care - it's a free foot massage. Smiley
I love doing that. And if someone wants to give me a weird look, I give them this big smile and tell them to try it. But they are wearing shoes, so what they feel is no-where as cool as in VFF's or barefoot.

gryllus

gryllus is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2010, 02:09:24 PM »

Still ... for me, nothing beats really bare feet on grass, or warm dry soil. (Actually, on wooden floors amd carpets, too - I am barefoot most of the time at home, though I often wear slippers in the kitchen, which has tiled floor).
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 02:12:18 PM by gryllus » Logged
fingerhunter

fingerhunter is a new face.

Motivated not Dominated

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2010, 02:43:11 PM »

Still ... for me, nothing beats really bare feet on grass, or warm dry soil. (Actually, on wooden floors amd carpets, too - I am barefoot most of the time at home, though I often wear slippers in the kitchen, which has tiled floor).
....I thought we were talking about VFF guilty pleasures.

Give me Speeds! Give me Speeds!.........1 Pair Gray/Palm KSO, 1 Pair Blk/Gray Camo KSO  

I would rather not fight but I am not afraid to finish one
gryllus

gryllus is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2010, 07:24:47 AM »

Needless to say ... those surfaces in VFFs are the second best (but still, only second).
Griffin

Griffin is a new face.

The Convert

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2010, 07:04:28 PM »

Needless to say ... those surfaces in VFFs are the second best (but still, only second).

and they always will be, unfortunately. I'll be a barefooter for the rest of my life.

delucio

delucio is a regular 'round here.delucio is a regular 'round here.delucio is a regular 'round here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2010, 11:54:29 AM »

I am on a Polish FOB out here in Afghanistan and I love walking around in them feeling the stones and sand. Not to mention, I love all the stares when I wear them.  Tongue

http://barefootdallas.blogspot.com

BaReFoOt  DaLlAs
HappyHiker

HappyHiker is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2010, 08:32:07 PM »

I would have to agree with the snow, I ran in it today and loved the yeti prints I left behind!  That and walking on my deck after walking through dewy grass and having my foot prints right beside my dog's....  Just love the look.
And I am waiting for the day that I am walking with my VFF and my Dog has her Vibram boots on and someone comments....  I think it would be a cute look.

Wearing VFF for 8 years now, have worn out 7(two sprint, 3 KSOs, KMD Sports, Bikila) pairs currently have Bikila, Bikila EVO, Sprints and KSOs x 2.
Barefoot Yeti

Barefoot Yeti is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2010, 01:58:43 PM »

Hahaha, we have those in San Diego. I love walking on them too, it feels so freaking good.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: