BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
September 02, 2014, 05:17:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117
  Print  
Author Topic: VFF Running  (Read 142638 times)
Vryce

Vryce is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #1725 on: June 08, 2011, 11:14:49 AM »

I'm starting week 2 of the Couch to 5k program. I started running it in my Trek Sports but the stiffer sole wasn't a good choice for road surface running. Since switching over to my KSO's I've been happier. That being said, I've only put about 16+km into the program so far. I'm going slow and the rest days seem to help with recovery a lot.

Have you ever wondered how deep the oceans would be without all the sponges in them?
« Reply #1725 on: June 08, 2011, 11:14:49 AM »

morgan_4785

morgan_4785 is starting to look familiar.morgan_4785 is starting to look familiar.

live free or die hard

View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: June 10, 2011, 11:01:01 PM »

running the kanawha trace 50k trail run july 17th!
im super pumped

jesus Saves
Feet are the greatest piece of technology ever. guess who made them? God
lynwoodsfinest

lynwoodsfinest is a new face.

4m/5 sets of Bench Press & Pull-ups/Ab Ripper X

View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: July 06, 2011, 02:30:52 PM »

i JUST got back to the job from another lunch time gym run and i feel great. Ran for 45 minutes on the indoor track in my Bikila's and i feel AWESOME! Best thing since sliced bread! With my cardio back in full effect my healthy eating & weight training will work as they should. Feels good to be back! Smiley

Christian/Family Man/Engineer/GMC Denali Driver/VFF Bikila Runner - 6'1":190Lbs
Tobester

Tobester is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: July 25, 2011, 07:24:10 PM »

I did a run in the snow in my classics the other day. Just a 25 min on the flat. About 2" of snow - feet felt cold initially, then settled into being slightly numb, but not immensely - still felt my toes and had full control. The snow felt great, and after a while I was more enjoying the sensations of it all rather than even noticing the cold.

All in all very pleasant!

« Reply #1728 on: July 25, 2011, 07:24:10 PM »

Hawkeye
Superstar

Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!

I go barefoot, but my dog wears shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: July 26, 2011, 01:48:00 AM »

i JUST got back to the job from another lunch time gym run and i feel great. Ran for 45 minutes on the indoor track in my Bikila's and i feel AWESOME! Best thing since sliced bread! With my cardio back in full effect my healthy eating & weight training will work as they should. Feels good to be back! Smiley

Unless you're a seasoned barefoot or minimalist runner, you coulld be heading for injury. It sounds like you're doing too much too soon and not taking enough time for transition. my 2 cents.
Rick

Rick is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: July 29, 2011, 09:51:50 AM »

I ran 3.5 miles in my Bikilas today and now I am wearing my Merrell Tough Gloves to work.  It feels so nice to have light shoes!
ivosmo

ivosmo is a new face.

Hello

View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: July 30, 2011, 05:43:14 PM »

I'm still a newbie when it comes to running in VFFs but so far my runs were pure awesomeness. I'm not sure but I think that running in VFFs improved my form (or it's just the true 0 mm heel/toe drop) because when I run in VFFs I finally don't feel achilles tendon pain. It was a major problem for me recently.

Current VFFs: Bikila (sky blue)
The Yeti

The Yeti is starting to look familiar.The Yeti is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: September 16, 2011, 05:10:15 PM »

Ok so after my experience in the Canadian Rockies and my encounters with seasoned mountain runners, I've set a new personal fitness goal. I am going to start working towards being able to run the Skyline trail. I'll likely do it in my treks, or my Lunas. It's an amazing trail that I hiked over 3 days with my wife earlier this summer, and it would be awesome to run the thing. 45k of gorgeous scenery, with lots of elevation gain.

I'll give myself at least a year, maybe two to get there as I am not much of a long distance runner. I run about 10k at a time at the moment, so I'll slowly work into the longer runs, with as many hills as I can find. Ill do a couple of trips to the Rockies in the early summer to acclimatise myself. I've got good gear for winter so I'll be running outdoors year-round. Once my knee is 100% I'll start working on this goal. It should be one crazy journey!

To err is human, to arr is pirate.
JustinB

JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: September 16, 2011, 05:43:38 PM »

That is absolutely nuts Yeti!!!  Good Luck!

42 Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, 43 Black Classic, 44 Black Moc, 43 Black/White Speed,43 Grey/Green Bikila LS, 43 Black/Day Glow SeeYa
44 Black/White Vivobarefoot Neo, 43 Black Vivobarefoot Ra
dantheman4461

dantheman4461 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: September 17, 2011, 09:34:03 AM »

I've just started recently to run in my Komodo Sport vibrams, and I'm loving every second of it. A couple of months ago, I broke my foot really badly. This was just a few days after I got my first pair of vibrams. So I was in a cast and on crutches for just over a month. When I finnaly got out of the cast, my left foot and leg were really weak, and I had to sloly build back up to being able to run. It required me to completely retrain myself to run. Then I thought, When would be a better time than now to start running in my vibrams. So for the last three weeks, I've been starting up my running, and I'm currently at 1 and a quarter miles. So thats my little story on VFF running!

Vibram...Five...Fingers...nuff said.
BearFooted
Global Moderator

BearFooted is a regular 'round here.BearFooted is a regular 'round here.BearFooted is a regular 'round here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1735 on: October 30, 2011, 04:40:33 PM »

I was not sure where to post this.  Great video though.

VIVOBAREFOOT - Training - Correct Barefoot Running Posture with Lee Saxby

Check out all of the articles I have written for BirthdayShoes.com!
I Wear Pants

I Wear Pants is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: November 04, 2011, 01:13:48 AM »

I run nothing at all like that and I'm going to keep it that way. I strike correctly but I don't think there's a posture that's necessarily good for everyone or every situation.
UpNorth

UpNorth is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: February 04, 2012, 03:40:17 PM »

I think the best thing about the video is the message to keep relaxed.  That's one of the main things I remind myslef to do when running and it seems to help keep me in good form (not pushing off, good posture etc.) 

Anyway, I was moved to share as I finally got to run in my VFFs one day this week.  We've has a ridiculously cold winter for Anchorage, but we finally got out of the minus zero F realm and even into double digits this week.   Thursday it was in the upper twenties and it felt like a heat wave.   I had my dog with me so we did a sort of fartlek run and didn't go all that far, but I got to wear my treks and I felt the same sort of joy that I felt the first time I tried VFFs.  I love the freedom of movement in VFFs-- even the beefier ones like the treks.  They are super in snow and handled my dogs sudden stops well.   

I've been running in my merrell tough gloves most of the winter (due to the intense cold), and they are good in terms of helping encourage barefoot form, but I was happy to get to have some quality time with my VFFs.   It's only ten today, which means I'll likely wear the merrells.  I'll be taking the dog and indulging her sniff stops so it's harder for my feet to get and stay warm. 

Laura
Kirin

Kirin is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: June 16, 2012, 03:46:19 PM »

Did my first trail run in my Treksports today and they performed really well.  It's a very hilly, rocky, muddy route with plenty of roots, nettles, brambles, standing water etc, with some hills being slippery mud and others a lot more rocky.  After an hour of running I felt really good and only 3 times felt a painful rock on my mid foot.

If I'm honest the grip was not up to that of my Inov8 Mudclaws, which in my experience are peerless but they performed better than any other running shoes I've had on the steep stuff.  Very pleased and feeling very virtuous.
marley mission
The People's Champ
Global Moderator

marley mission is making a name for themselves.marley mission is making a name for themselves.marley mission is making a name for themselves.marley mission is making a name for themselves.marley mission is making a name for themselves.

use the wobble board

View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: July 08, 2012, 02:35:11 PM »

15 miler in my bikilas...havent done that distance in awhile - my feet - well - so far so good - maybe i will do philly afterall Grin

Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117
  Print  

Jump to: