hi guys im looking for some socks for the classic i found them on line a while ago but didn't need them then, now i do, they are cut very low on the sides of the feet so all of the top of the foot is still exposed. So a no show sock, with toe pockets for the classics is what I am really after. Cheers guys and girls!!!!!
Hey guys I just wanted to share with you my way of getting my Vffs clean, box fresh clean, I have listed out the steps below, ps works well for any open foot bed five fingers in this case my classics. Find that you will only need to do this for Vffs that are a couple months old and really starting to funk even if they have been washed.
Things you will need Time to completion for washing 2hour 30min approx
1. Baking soda 2. Vinegar 3. Washing clothes liquid detergent 4. Antibacterial washing soap for dishes 5. Outside air drying facilities 6. A new dish scrubbing brush 7. washing machine 8. A new tooth brush 9. A bowl
1. First take your vffs and over the sink sprinkle a generous amount of baking soda into each shoe, tip each shoe forward and backward without allowing the soda to escape the shoe, the bed should be covered white. Leave the shoes in a bowl for approximately 20 minutes
2. While the shoes are in the bowl pour enough vinegar in each shoes so the vinegar sits in the shoes, there will be a fizzing reaction, leave for 1 hour.
3. Upon returning to the shoes there should be a slurry formation in the shoes from the soda and the vinegar, take the shoes and place them in the sink.
4. Take your new dish scrubbing brush and toothbrush dribble a little antibacterial washing soap on the scrubbing brush, tooth brush and onto the bed of each shoe. Also dribble a little soap into the toe pockets of the shoes to.
5. Add a little warm water to the shoes, do not lose the slurry in the shoes.
6. With the scrubbing brush begin to scrub the beds of the shoes, you will see that all the gunk begins to lift off, continue this process for 4-5 minutes, alternating between the scrubbing brush for the bed and the toothbrush for the pockets, rinse with warm water, repeat the process until the bed returns to original colour.
7. Once the bed has returned to yellow, thoroughly rinse until the water runs clear from the foot bed, place in the washing machine.
8. Use a liquid detergent in a capsule in the drum of the washing machine and set the wash for a 45min 30degree cycle.
9. Once the washing machine has completed itís washing cycle spin again to rid of excess water.
10. Air dry on a clothes line outside, air should be able to circulate in and around the shoes for at least 4-5 hours, a day of drying and fresh air is preferable.
11. You shoes you now have a light scent of vinegar, this will fade over a day. Note vinegar has a strong scent it take some getting use to.
12. Your Vffs will be fresh and clean, repeat once or twice a month depending on use, or as you see fit.
I spotted my first barefoot runner today in the park on the grass, it looked like he was trying in out, its so great that its is catching on, over here there have been a few article in major papers and so fort, but to be candid seeing someone trying barefoot running on grass I found profound, made me quiet joyfull....Just wanted to share:)
So i was at my gym decided to leave the vff behind today and run barefoot on the treadmill, only to be told by one of the personal trainners that it was not safe and it was not allowed in the gym, to be honest im pretty p**@!* off because nothing compares to running barefoot vffs offer protection and the opportunity to run longer and increased comfort out doors. Does anyone know anything about health and safety in gyms? or how i can get round this, i even offered to sign a disclaimer to which the personal trainner was not impressed. Thoughts and opinons guys because i want to run barefoot in the gym. Ps i have the bikilas and they are awesome!!!! but to be honest indoors and safe barefoot is my choice.
So im in the uk and i just got my bikilas thought i would mention that so i tried them on and they are super snug the right foot i would say i about right but the left is a little tight, will these strecth out over time? or has anyone got any tricks to strecth them a little, i reckon 3mm would be perfect. cheers guys
does anyone know whats going on with vibrams distribution and why it is taking so long to get to the UK, this is getting pretty silly now they have been pushed back to July over here, so anyone got any new on this???
This is an interesting topic, i think that we should appreciate the fact that in most cases we are using the shoe as an exterior sock, which means direct contact. I found to avoid smells foot hygiene is the key, i have a simple routine i use and ever since i have never had smelly trainers.
1 scrub your feet in the morning when you shower with your normal body gel and body scrubber , if your are bare footing into vibrams after a day in shoes then carry wet wipes and clean throughly! nothing perfumed.
2 dry your feet
3 apply body shop foot lemon and grass lotion to your feet, with a good application
4 let dry do not walk around
5 straight into clean (freshly washed socks) or VFFs
have you considered getting reflexology, it may be a trapped nerve or just over used muscles in your foot, your really putting your feet through some challenging stuff a little foot love would not go a miss. Definitely worth a shot.
Hey guys Im in the uk and still waiting on the bikila grey and red ones! to be honest I just want them now tired of all this waiting, does anyone know the release date for the uk or a site that i can order them from and have them delivered to the uk. cheers guys