The Vibram FiveFingers KomodoSport LS (“LS” means it’s got laces!) is now available for purchase at CitySports, and orders placed today will ship (free) Friday! This means that we have a giveaway contest winner (check your email if you were an email subscriber as I will be contacting you directly!).
Details after the jump!
KomodoSport LS Vibram FiveFingers Toe Shoes
Here are the details on the KomodoSport LS as well as how to pick up a pair of these new toe shoes from Vibram:
- Official specs: The newest addition to the Vibram FiveFingers fitness line, the KomodoSport LS, offers all of the benefits of the KomodoSport with our popular speed lacing system to accommodate wider feet and higher insteps. The stitch-free, seamless 2mm footbed reduces friction and the Vibram TC1 performance rubber outsole provides the grip and protection you need for a variety of cross training activities. Machine Wash, Air Dry.
- We’ve reviewed both the men’s and women’s KomodoSport LS here:
- The 10-second BirthdayShoes Take: with the Komodo LS FiveFingers you get a toe shoe with a Vibram rubber sole that has jagged “cuts” that make for better traction (great for sprints), a seamless footbed thanks to the removable insole (pic) which features a very soft fabric upper. And finally you get the speed lacing system which makes for an adjustable fit on the top of the toe shoes — this not only helps the shoes accommodate wider feet or higher insteps, but it also makes for a less “tight” fit on the top if you want to wear them “loose” or casually.
The ground feel on the KomodoSport LS strikes me as somewhere between a KSO and a Bikila, which is to say quite good though less “barefoot” than the Classic or Sprint — bottom line: you’re definitely going to notice what you step on in these toe shoes and the KomodoSport LS are very flexible (pic).
- Sizing should be similar to the standard, non-laced KomodoSport, which is the same as your KSO size. Here’s the sizing chart for the KomodoSport:
- Cost: $109.95 and ships free — NOTE: orders placed on CitySports will ship Friday.
- Find your size and color at CitySports here:
men’s KomodoSport LS
women’s KomodoSport LS
Women’s grey/yellow KomodoSport LS not yet available for purchase!
You might want the KomodoSport LS if …
If you’re looking for an upgrade from KSOs that has a bit more traction and a very comfy footbed and adjustable upper (making for an overall more comfortable feel against your foot), it’s hard to go wrong with the KomodoSport LS line — cinch up the laces to tighten the fit or go loose and wear them casual. Either way, the KomodoSport LS is one of the most comfortable Vibram FiveFingers models yet.
So if you’re after a pair, go check out CitySports now!